Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Sunday, December 8, 2019

week in review

Dec 2 2019
Today was good! P-days are always just amazing! We did several things today, we spent a couple of hours in a Medicare for Elder Connolly and found out he has a sinus infection. So we'll get it taken care of! Besides that we did a couple of other things. Tonight was awesome! We went with an amazing member brother Donnellan. He is so great! We tried to go by William's for our usual lesson and he shined us... so we went and did some stop bys and then he took us to Rallys. It was pretty awesome! He us such a great guy! I love him tons! I am so grateful to have met him and been able to work with him. Hes just great! We also bought some more Christmas lights so one of these days I'll have to take some more picture and send them Haha but it looks good and makes me happy! 


Dec 3 2019
Today was good! We went out and stopped by some great people! On our way to the first place we met this guy. Back story first though. We were riding our bikes down the side walk and I look to my left and see this older black dude across a busy street. So what do I do? I made eye contact with him, I knew I should talk to him... so I cut right through the middle of the block and straight to him across the busy street. About halfway across I realized my companion didnt realize i wasn't following him and more so i yell Elder and he looks over and sees his companion just taking off in what appears to be a random direction. So he chases after me and then we sit and talk with this guy for like 30 minutes! It was awesome! His name is Jesse, he was the owner of the house and rents it out. But was just throwing out the lady that lived there because she wouldn't pay rent and was in to drugs or something... anyway we're sitting there talking to him and it was good! He is a super cool guy who knows a lot about history and the bible and everything else. And he didnt think we'd agree with him on anything. But we agreed on a lot of things and it surprised him! We got his number and address and will be going back to visit him. Near the end of talking to him though...so we were standing out side the house talking the lady that was renting was inside the house with her boyfriend...all the sudden we here screaming and yelling and then fighting coming from inside the house and the three of us stood there super unsure of what to do... it sounded like she was getting beat... we just said goodbye to Jesse and wished him the best and left. Hopefully it all turns out okay with them... it was super scary to here.... anyway then we went to Jarrett's. Hes the 16 year old that has a smoking addiction. Anyway we went there and spent a little while there talking with him and his girlfriend. His girlfriend really likes talking to us and wants to actually here our message! So that is super cool! Also though... his house has bed bugs... so after being there we rode our bikes back to the apartment and stripped all the way down put all of our clothes in plastic bags and out on the porch and then we both showered. It was pretty scary, just cuz bed bugs are awful! Tonight we went and had a lesson with John. I need a picture with him because he is just so amazing! I love him so much! He is like 28 years old, drives an old Chevy van and lives in it by choice. Has a ton of crazy stories. Oh and dreads. He is amazing! Haha I just love him so much! He spend a couple years hitch hiking around the country with one of his buddies and it just sounds like such and awesome adventure! Anyway today was a good day with a ton of adventure! I loved it!


Dec 4 2019
Today was really good! Being able to go out and work is such a good thing! This morning we had district counsel,  it was really good! We talked about how we can better fulfill our missionary purpose which is to invite others to come until christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. It was really good! I love having a direct purpose that I can think about and turn to. Having it there written out and memorized is just super cool! It is an amazing blessing and an amazing tool! It's just good to focus on. This afternoon we went and visited/picked up a person that we found on my first day in Jackson. His name is Eltoine. He is a pretty cool guy, I feel like he wants to be a preacher but hasn't had the opportunity.... Haha so when we've been over there the two times we have been he really just wanted to preach at us. But we casually slipped in our points and he seemed to agree with what we were saying. It was really good! He did have a lot of really like false doctrine ideas of things... but that's okay. Haha we'll work on him with them though. 
After that we went and picked up our car!!!! It made us so happy!!!  Haha on our way from Eltoine's to the place where our car was it was snowing pretty hard and we were just chattering cuz it was so cold. Like we couldn't feel anything.... but we got there and we got the car and it was really good! 
Tonight we went to William's! And he was there and answered the door! It was so good! He is such a good guy! We dont have a new date for him yet. But his desire is so pure! We will be able to keep working with him and it'll just be awesome! It is wild how much I have learned to just love people! It might have something to do with having Jesus Christs name on my chest over my heart all the time.... but I have loved it! And the change I have seen in myself that's come from it is just amazing!


Dec 5 2019
Today was good. We went and worked a lot! When I was back at home one day I went and helped Isaac Terry with some stuff. While I was there he told me that the work of being a missionary is some of the most exhausting things you will be a part of and that you will find yourself at the end of the day just so ready to collapse. I found that hard to believe...but I trust him and figured it could be possible. But still doubting considering what I had experienced working hard welding and stuff... tonight I understand what he ment. We were running around talking to everyone praying so sincerely and begging people to listen to us....and we just got rejected. But I know we carried the spirit of God with us. We've been listening to Saints lately, and I have been thinking about how exhausted Joseph Smith was after nearly all of his accounts with Heavenly beings. But at one point in Saints when he is nearing his death he has a vision and someone else is there with him and it said that he said "(the person that was with him) isn't used to the exhaustion that comes, where I have become more used to it." Carying the Spirit of God and being rejected regardless is so wildly exhausting. 
Tonight we had a fun adventure. It was about 8:30 at night, we were knocking doors and it was dark. About half way through we realized a street or two over was locked down with cops on either side lights on and doing something... but we went ahead and finished the street. We were in a sketchy area of town... at one point when we were almost done we hear gunshots coming from over there. So then we got in the car and drove a little further away and then kept knocking Haha. I was a little nervous. But it's okay. Because we are okay! Haha it was just exciting for a bit there.
Tonight Elder Connolly asked me for a blessing of counsel and comfort. I told him I would. So he went in the other room and took a seat. I stayed in the bedroom for a second though. I decided I wanted to take the time to prepare myself physically, spiritually and emotionally for this. So I stayed in there to pray for a second. I prayed and it was a good experience. Afterwords I went and washed my hands and arms up to my elbows and then went in and gave him a blessing. I dont remember really anything of what I said other than that I was talking...or having words put in my mouth. Until the end when I said in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Elder Connolly said thank you. And seemed grateful. I'm not sure what was said... but I am grateful I took the time to prepare myself in those ways. I need to do that in the future. 
Overall it was a good day. We didnt have a lot of things happen. Basically all of our lessons canceled or shined us (didnt answer or show up) so we just knocked a handful of doors. But it was a good day! I enjoyed it.


Nov 6 2019
Today was good! We went out to the Cranmores and helped them with some plumbing in their kitchen because they were remodeling and needed a little bit of muscle Haha so we helped them out. After that we rushed to a lessonw with a member. That was like a 10 minute drive away. Also we were wearing normal clothes at the cranmores while we were helping but we had our dress clothes in the car and planned on changing. But didnt have time. So we changed on the way to the members! Haha it was an adventure! Then we got to the members and he wasn't even there...we still haven't heard from him, we will reschedule I guess.... after that we went and stopped by like 8 people and only 2 answered Jarrett was there we chatted for a second and he is doing okay. After that we went to a potential named Daren. We met him a couple days ago and he is a good guy! Haha we got there and he answered but forgot we were coming over and he had other company there. So he said y'all come back Monday night bout thes same time. So we left and went to dinner. After dinner we went to William's which was good. He is smoking and drinking again... which is disappointing... but he knows the message is true. And he wants to stop. So he'll keep on working on it. We had John there, and John was telling him straight up like hey man it's up to you. You just gotta decide to stop. Haha John is the best! I look forward so much to his baptism and I have got to get pictures with him! I love him so much! Anyway it's been a good day! I love the work. Even when its discouraging... it is something that I am so grateful for! 


Dec 7 2019
Today was a good day, we got shined 4 times... which was sad... but because of them it set us up to be in a right place at a a right time! We had an amazing miracle! We were on our way to the second person that would shine us and because the previous person shined us we were going like 30 minutes early. So we were walking there and we look over and see this lady starting to get into her car. We both thought about stopping...but I didnt then Elder Connolly turned back and said to me "should we talk to her?" I say "Well its awkward now... so ima say naw." Then hes like well let's do it anyway and I was like okay. So we did. We walk up and are like ya know doing the missionary approach. And she responds with "Oh, I know who you guys are. I grew up a member." Come to find out shes a less active member that no one knows about and she is in the middle of her second divorce and has 8 KIDS! Un baptized.... so we are gonna work on them! She said she'd been thinking about going back to church but that she just hadn't made it yet but that she would be very willing to meet with us and have us over! So we are going back tomorrow! It was so exciting! 
Tonight we built ginger bread houses!... well gram cracker houses. It was at the ward party which was super fun! After that we had FHE which was pretty fun the first half we stayed on track and then the sisters left for another lesson. Then John decided he wanted to teach hahaha so he stood up and taught and we discussed with him and it was a good time! Haha we loved it it was just great! 
Anyway it has been a good day. Kinda disappointing...but definitely good. We had miricals and blessing and it was just awesome! 


Dec 8 2019
Today has been really good! We had the usual Sunday mostly. We had ward counsel this morning and we got to bring up our miracle with Hope and her 8 kids, we didnt get to meet with her today though... she had to reschedule. But we will definetly be meeting up with her soon! After that we went and did some stop bys and talked to some awesome people! We finally met this guy named Billy! Haha he is from Hawaii. So he is just an amazing guy! Haha he isn't active, but he loves missionaries, and he loves feeding them! So he's already planning o  feeding us lots! I am soooooo excited! It is going to be such a blast! Haha I love islander food! He is an amazing guy! Tonight we went to the Sprangs for dinner. He made us deepfride Turkey and it was super good! Definetly one of the best dinners I have had since I've been out! It was just super good! Also today was awesome, because we set up 4 meal appointments for this week! Haha so that is exciting. I like being fed! Anyway while we were at the Sprangs, they are a recent convert family. Brother Sprang shared his conversion story which was awesome! And he and I got to talk about cars for a while. Which was super fun! He has an awesome Corvette in his garage it is a beautiful car! Haha he's got the original motor and transmission, he straight piped it so its loud like my truck, and he has a pretty cool speaker system in it. The only sad thing is it's in the garage for the winter... and its not coming out until spring.....I hope and pray and beg that I'm here because he said he'd take me on a ride! And I would die just a little bit. I died just a little sitting in the passenger seat while he had it running. Haha anyway I really enjoyed that! Also!!!! He has a Hotwheels collection in his garage too! It is pretty cool! I admired it! I would love to get to work with him and his family a good bit more! They are just awesome people! After that tonight we went to sister Bears house to bless the sacrument with her and play uno! I love it! Haha uno is a fun game that ie ould dare to say I am pretty good at. I enjoy it! Haha she is 95 years old so everytime we go over I'm worried shes gonna be dead.... but she is still here and doing well! So that is good! Haha anyway today was just a good day! I had some fun and got to really just enjoy it! 



Your son and missionary Elder Isaac Olsen

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...