back to Simeon
So rather than wait until Sunday or Monday, I am writing because you are on my mind. I am preparing for my inklings class tomorrow. It is our last one with our small group. Too many of us just are not able to continue. I read Elder Cook's talk https://www. churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ general-conference/2023/04/ 15cook?lang=eng and am thinking about what my responsibility is in all of this. I think I want to be a beacon of light. I want to remember "the great privilege of loving, sharing, inviting, and helping gather Israel. . ." I want to be a "Christlike example of kindness, righteousness, happiness, and sincere love for all peoples". Its a big goal but seems to me like it should be easy because it is just living what we believe and receiving the blessings from doing so. They also sent us to 3 Nephi 5 and I am reminded there that
1. I am a daughter of God
2. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ
3. I am ( I know there is one more that President Nelson said to remember but I forgot, sad)
So verse 13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." What a great missionary verse. But...then I would hope a missionary would come home and continue to be that disciple. And I am thinking, oh ya, I am a disciple. I have been called to gather Israel, be a beacon, and share the joy that is in my life because of Jesus.
So now I am curious because I am not at church, what scripture did you choose for your plaque? Why? And is it still affecting your mission experience?
I blogged this week's letter and enjoyed again the words and pictures you shared. I am so glad you are writing each week and will have a record to remind you of the people and the tender mercies as well as the crazy times you are having. Especially lots of pictures of you walking in the street. . ;)
California is experiencing big flooding and struggling. As a result, we are getting rain several times a day and cooler temperatures. It is odd for August but still beautiful. Seems like the seasons are more unpredictable but still beautiful. Wondering if our pickleball league tonight will need to be canceled.
Also, Erica shared on marco polo about some refugees from Ecuador that her sister met and is helping out. They say Ecuador is becoming more like Venezuela (not good). Natalie answered saying that there is an election coming up and there has been violence and assassination of a candidate. But they have not seen anything where they are. Hard to know if they should feel safe or take precautions. I keep thinking about how you said many people in Chile have come to escape Ecuador. I am grateful that Natalie is up on some of the news but I still believe William will disregard the possible danger. I will continue to pray for them and cheer on their adventure.
Dad cleaned the garage. You know that makes me happy. Hoping to hire Jack to clean the chicken coop. Life is good. Always more that needs to be done and always lots to enjoy along the way.
I love you and am praying that you are loving the people and seeing the Lord's hand in your life and theirs.
Have a great day.
All is grace,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment