HOla mi familia!
It is so great to hear from you all! I love hearing from Peter, its so
great to think he's actually in the field talking to people and
bringing them the gospel. I can´t wait for that day, and I can´t wait
for the day that I can be myself and have personality in Spanish. Its
going to be so fun!
Elise! Thanks so much for writing me! I was hoping to hear from you.
i´m glad things are going great. Jack sounds all grown up! How fun,
I´m sure hes going to continue to be a great big brother. I can´t
believe he´s talking more. How fun! You should have him practice
talking on the phone so when I call on MOther´s day he can talk to me!
:) I´´m glad Nellie is doing good to. I can´t wait to see more
pictures. Oh, today is probably the last day you should send mail to
here in Peru, everything should now go to Bolivia. Crazy! I only have
two more weeks to prepare to be a real live missionary! Ahh! Here´s
the address for Bolivia:
Hna Emily Shirlene Olsen
Misión Bolivia Santa Cruz
c/saavedra esq Cochabamba
Torres cainco, vlq empresarial, Piso 9
Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
Bolivia
Thats way funny that you sang the hymn to another melody. Hahah I
can´t just see it. That makes me smile. It probably sounds a lot like
my district when we try to sing a hymn in Spanish that none of us
know. Its pretty bad :) Oh! Did I tell you I got a new district? I am
now in a district with Hna Maxwell, hooray! Its fun to be companions
with her again, I really love that girl. Elder Felton is my district
leader, then there are like 10 other elders. All except one of us are
going to Santa Cruz. We´re a HUGE group of North Americans, I think we
must be replacing a bunch, or something. Its fun though. I also am
really appreciating my new teachers. Hno Romero is married and had his
first son about a week before Nellie, and Hno Garcia served in our
mission. He´s.... crazy cool. Haha he is learning English and it
is.... lets just say entertaining at the least. Probably it sounds a
lot like we do when we speak spanish but it is so funny. Oh, Hno
Romero also knows these random phrases. Like he always says Chilax
tigers. haha or Wowch... its really funny.
My companions are angels! Hna Arreaga worked efy in Guatemala (where
she is from) and it is so fun to have that in common with her. She is
really funny and she talks to me like I understand Spanish, and I love
it! She jokes around a lot and she just makes me happy :) My other
companion is Hna Tueros. She got here Thursday morning at like... lets
say 6:45am, pretty early. But, I got to meet her parents and speak
with them a little. It was neat. She has gone on splits with
missionaries a lot entonces (then), she knows a lot about missionary work.
Its a good experience. Companionship study is good. We practice
teaching a lot, which is exactly what I need. Hna Arreaga is sick
today - I went to see if i had any homeopathics she could use and I
found the ones for food poisoning and diarhea and stuff and wish I
would´ve looked earlier. I´m an idiot! I definitely could´´ve used
those.. Not to go into detail at all, but Sunday was a day of
celebration because I pooped solid for the first time in two weeks!
Hooray! haha
Oh! Hna Maxwell´s birthday was on Sunday too! Me and my companions
made a sign and put some balloons on her door. It was good bonding
time for us. We tried to make it special for her, but with limited
resources it was a little tricky.
I am planning on buying a straightner today. I had been using my
roommates but she left for her mission last week, entonces, my hair
has been less than stylish, less than cute even all week, and I can´t
handle it. My companions said it would cost somewhere in between 60-80
dollars :/. I´m going to have to use an ATM machine, if you could just
check later and make sure my account is all good, that´d be great.
We also get to go to the Temple today! I am super insanely excited!
I only have today and next week to go to the temple then no more for
the rest of my mission. que loco (that's crazy)! Because I was here before my
companions they said that I am their mom and they´re my daughters -
you know all that fun mission lingo. Anyhow I just want to say I have
taught them well. We were talking about what we wanted to do for P day
and their first priorities were - Go to temple, play soccer, and buy
dulces (sweets)! Hooray! haha They´re gonna be awesome missionaries, really
though. I love them. They both help me a lot with my Spanish. They
make me tell them stories in Spanish and its really good practice for
me.
Elise and John! That sounds like an awesome truck! Orange? Didn´t dane
want to drive an orange truck when he was little? You´ll have to send
pictures. I hope that everything is going great for you. We get to go
out proselyting this saturday and I´m super excited. It should be
great. I am feeling like I understand so much more, and slowly I am
speaking more. I know the church is true. I am so grateful to have
been chosen to serve a mission, it is such a blessing! I love you all
and pray for you every day!
Chow!
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment