Debbie
Washington Yakima
Monday, August 15, 2011
INTERCAMBIOS! Emily 8.15.11
Family!
HI! I love you! I miss you! The inactive member came to church again yesterday, and she brought a friend! We didn`t get to meet him :( he escaped, but we`re definitely going to do all we can to meet him and teach him. The gospel really is so awesome.
Well, guess what! Last night we were praying when the phone rang. I jumped to answer it and Elder Navaro told me that I was going to have companion exchanges - first time that this mission is doing it, crazy! Hermana Patzi went to Paraiso to work for a week, and Hermana Portillo is here in Braniff. Hermana Portillo was Hermana Thorpes trainer. Hermana THorpe ALWAYS talked about how amazing Hermana Portillo is, and I am way excited to work with her. I have a feeling that I am going to learn a whole lot. We had companion study this morning and
already she´s teaching me so much. I am really grateful and excited. Should be a good week.
This week was good, but it is HOT again. Its crazy the weather here. I smell awesome these days. I just know the investigators can tell when we`re coming from a block away, they can smell our sweet aroma of Bug spray, mucho deoderant, sunscreen, body oder, and a little cucumber lotion. It definitely helps with the baptisms ;)
This week was Hermana Patzi´s birthday! I made her pancakes and butter syrup for breakfast and they actually turned out delicious. Hermana Vasquez and Hermana Castro were in the house all week - hermana Castro
had Dangue - but they made brownies for her and they were absolutely delicious. The zone bought her a stuffed turtle, and overall I think and hope she had a good day. Our pensionista gave us ice cream and it was delicious. But some crazy mix or something because we went to find a members house after and all the sudden I needed the bathroom.... like immediately. There we were in the avenida Santos Demon - a fairly busy street, pounding on the gate of the members house hoping that we could borrow their bathroom. We finally decided to grab taxi and book it to our house but we turned around and there wasn`t a car in sight. Crazy la vida! Finally a taxi came and we ran home. I made it thankfully, but I think I am gonna avoid eating ice cream right after meals from now on :)
We had cool experience the other day. We went to make copies of our progress form for the ward council. We always walk by the same copy shop and we have invited the lady that works there about a bazillion (brazilean - elise remember that joke?) times, but I asked if we could share a message with her, and she said no, again. We tried to be a little more insistent, and she told us that she has a church and we should find people who don`t. My awesome companion asked if she knew anyone that could benefit from our mesage, and she referred us to her
neighbors. We had also knocked this door several times and they had told us that no, they didn`t have time and didn`t want to listen. But a referral is a referral so we went to contact them again. We knocked on her gate and the owner came walked up to talk to us. She told us that her husband had died two weeks before when a car ran him over, and that things weren`t good. We taught her about the plan of salvation, and bore testimony that she would see her husband again. She accepted another appointment and were going to teach ehr tomorrow - i think. Its crazy how the things in life prepare people. We weren`t going to knock that door again, that had flat out denied us, but we received the reference and now maybe the timing is better. I hope that she can accept and feel the comfort and hope that the gospel brings.
Wow time is up already! I love you all so much. Thanks for everything. Take of yourselves, and know that I pray for you all everyday. The church is true, missionary work is important. Pray for missionary opportunities, its our duty as members to share the gospel. Love ya!
Love
Hermana Olsen
PS There's a picture of me and salteñas! Birthday pictures with Hermana Patzi, and my zone, we played soccer again last week... and I don`t remember what else. HOpefully they work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment