Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August: It's cold! Emily 8.1.11

Thats crazy that everyone is getting married. Jenny Cluff? Que loco.
And Matt, and Gwen Ovenson, and Paul! Thats so crazy. I wonder who
else will be married when I get home. I also received a letter from
Kaylee Blair, it was fun to hear from her! She didn`t tell me anything
about Evan either. But I finished the letter and looked at teh date
and it was dated January 28, 2011 - crazy huh?! I`m not sure why it
took months to receive, maybe something with the address she wrote.
Lizzy Scott also wrote me, so fun to hear from her! She said kate is
all married and that it was super cute. I told Hna Patzy and she asked
me what her husbands name is - and I don`t know! Hopefully she wrote
me, if she you see her tell her congrats for me! Lizzy also told the
fifes were coming home. THem and Neil are gonna room at BYU no? THat
should be so super fun! They`re all gonna be speaking portueguese like
crazy.

This week I have seen some awesome things happen in the Branniff ward.
I think I told you that we recently got a new bishop, when hna Patzy
and I opened this area they didn`t have a Bishop. I have a testimony
of the power of leadership. This bishop was called and he has jumped
in with two feet. its been amazing to see. The ward conference was
yesterday and he had this awesome goal of having 160 people in
assistance. This last week there were activities everynight. On Monday
everyone was supposed to have FHE and invite friends or inactive
members. We have never had so many invites to family home evenings.
EVERYONE had family home evening, Tuesday was share the gospel with a
friend. They handed out chocolates to everyone with a note the said
"the gospel is sweet, enjoy it." When we went to lunch I saw some of
the customers in the restaurant with the chocolate and list of the
activities - our pensionista was sharing. Wednesday night was "noche
de hermanamiento" we had another small class, chocolate, mucho
chocolate, and played tradicional games like gunny sack races and all
kinds of fun. We brought an investigator and her and her kids hung out
with the ward all night, even after we had to head home for curfew.
The next night was a talent show - lots of fun, lots of members,
inactives, investigators, all kinds of people. Friday night every
couple were supposed to go on a date, and Saturday they all helped to
clean the church. But it was so awesome to see this happening. The
bishop told them, supported, showed them with leadership, and amazing
things happened. The ward was obedient and blessed. All week we were
hoping and praying for good weather because if its cold or rains no
one comes to church. Justo SUnday mornign it was cold and rained. We
prayed everyone would come anyway. We didn`t reach our goal but we had
126 in sacrement meeting, compared to the 83 last week, and it was
FREEZING yesterday. We talked with the bishopric last night and we`re
gonna keep working to obtain this goal.

I feel like a real missionary now, I have officially been absolutely
drenched in the rain - several times this week :) Its the truth, it
reminded me of voicemales songs "tractin in a winter wonderland" but
it was rain and mud and puddles. With the cobble stone streets here
the water puddles everywhere, and we get to wade through it. Yesterday
nobody let us in their houses, so cold and needing a bathroom (like I
always do:)), we went to a members house. They took one look at us and
put water onto boil and found dry shoes and socks for us to wear. We
dried our gloves on the gas stove, and drank hot chocolate. THey are
super sweet, and I am super grateful for them.

Well, life is good. We have a family home evening tonight with an
awesome family - they`re not married, but they`re  really great, we`re
hoping to be able to help them come unto Christ and receive the
blessings of the gospel. The mission is awesome, hard, and wonderful.
The church is true. Our Savior loves us and takes care of us always. I
love you all. THanks for your support and prayers.

Love Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...