things that I went to bed thinking about. I dreamed that I got to come
home to visit you all for un ratito, like a day or two. It was crazy!
I dreamed that when I got there Amy Dennis never was able to get the
package that you sent to me and so I came home to pick it up -
and I`m not sure why but you had sent me a whole bunch of kitchen
utensils to cook with... huh, interesting... haha I also dreamed that
we went to visit Elise and Natalie in Idaho and Elise made Cincinnati
chili for me, and it was all delicious but for some reason we didn`t
eat it with noodles, but with rice! haha that could be because we eat
rice every single day here, entonces why not there??! I also dreamed
that we had to wait on the missionaries, elise had invited the elders
to eat with them, when they walked in and saw me they were shocked.
They saw my name tag and asked where my companion was... Then I had to
leave really fast because I had an appointment with an investigator in
bolivia... haha weird!
So last Wednesday we had a conference with the area 70 president,
Elder Pino (his pictures in the ensign..., you should find it). He
shook all of our hands and then we shook hands with presidente and Hna
Calderòn and as I greeted Hna calderòn she said "i have a message for
you." uh.. ok?? And then she said but after I`ll tell you. Awesome.. I
almost lost all hope of paying attention during the meeting... but
said a prayer and it worked out :) The meeting was awesome. Pres,
Calderòn talked about being direct, and that our purpose is to invite
people to be baptized! and we should invite them! Hna Calderòn talked
about the covenants that we have made and that we need to honor them.
Hna Pino talked about humility, and its definitely an attribute that I
need to develop. Elder Pino talked about obedience, and how we are
official representatives of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints, we`re not just "normal" members, we are the official
representatives, and thats why we have different rules, higher
standards that we need to live by. Mostly it made me realize that I
can improve, be even more obediente and work harder. My favorite thing
that Elder Pino told us is that we need to enjoy our missions.
Sometimes I forget that this is more then just work work work, its
important that we enjoy it all. That we smile and laugh and that we
can show how happy the gospel makes us. It was an awesome conference.
We had a snack and got to sit at the table with Elder and Sister Pino
and we asked them questions about everything. What their jobs are,
what they do, who they know. Their son served in Gunnison on his
mission - crazy! It was all really neat.
Before I forget there are some things that I have been meaning to ask
for.... Awhile ago dad mentioned a cup of example of the great
apostasy. He sent me an attachment but it doesn`t open and I just
would really really really like to use this example... it would be
awesome if you could send me it! I would also love love love a copy of
my mission call. And maybe this sounds cheesy, but kinda fun to do. We
always teach the families about family prayer and how it can help them
in their life. Its neat because I can always testify of the blessing
its been in my life. And sometimes I share that I know you`re all
praying as a family, and for each one of them (my investigators) and
its super neat. But I was thinking... maybe you could send me a
picture of you all kneeling and praying in family prayer... If you
want, it would be sweet to be able to show them. Also... Hna Broome`s
grandparents have lived in Murray for like ever... and we wanted to
know if grandma and grandpa Peterson know them..... Their names are
Ralph and Eileen Siebert. And grandma and grandpa.... are you guys
going to finish your mission soon? Que crazy! Also..... Mom I don't
know how often you talk to Sister Barton, steph`s mom. But we are
teaching a lady who has grandkids that live in Houston, Texas and are
members of the church, and maybe steph knows them! Her name is Amanda
Guzman. Ya, I think thats everything...
So things are great here. Hermana Broome is super awesome and shes
teaching me lots and lots. Yesterday we made french toast... it may
have been the best french toast that I have ever eaten... maybe
because I^m in Bolivia, but wow! It was delicious! Hermana Broome is
full of faith and she is teaching me to always search for the guidance
of the spirit. She is also constantly looking for ways to be more
obedient, and its awesome. Something that I have been praying for is
that we can be friends, and enjoy the mission, and she is definitely
one of my friends. We are constantly talking, teaching, meeting
everyone, and laughing, and its so much fun. Sometimes she tries to
speak English and it is so funny. For example, the other day she
accused me of being a "Nut Health!" or she said that a scripture hit
her "like a rock of stones!" bahaha its really funny.
We have been praying for a family that we can teach and that can enter the waters of baptism together. Wherever we walk the men here are
terrible... they are constantly cat calling, or yelling out pet names
at us. Basically if a man talks we completely ignore him, which normally
is good, but at sometimes not so good, because sometimes we see
members that are men and we ignore them at first until we realize that
they are members and want to talk to us. But yesterday we were walking
and this man in a white tank top started talking to us and calling us
of. My first instinct was to ignore him and keep walking but
something made me stop to talk to him. He asked what church we`re from
and if we visit people and give lessons, we said ya! He said that he
and his family are passing through some hard things and they are
looking for church and asked if we could come visit them. as we sat
there with our mouths wide open... we finally recovered enough to say
ya, I think we could work something out! haha We have an appointment
with him and his family today and I am so excited to go and teach
them! They`re a young family, married (which really is a miracle
here!) and they have two kids. I can`t wait!
The work is moving on, I am truly living the dream, and I am so happy
to be here on a mission! The church is true, this is God`s work and He
is helping us everyday. I love ya all lots and lots.
Hermana Olsen
PS how are shandi and Lindsay??
| yummy French toast |
No comments:
Post a Comment