Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, October 24, 2011

Emily, 10.24.11

My friend Amy was with Operation Smile in Bolivia.  She took a package for me but was unable to meet with Emily and gave it to the mission.  Amy said that Bolivia was quite clean (for a 3rd world country) with lots of flowers.  Cheryl Siebert is a girl I knew growing up so now her niece and my daughter are companions.  Lisa Bishop is leaving for her mission to Detroit MI this week.


The time is seriously flying, its crazy! Sorry I forgot to tell you what Hna Calderòn told me. She just said that someone had called and that you had sent a package for me and that you sent me a hug :)  Thanks so
much for the package! I tried not to eat all the cookies at once, but I was just so excited :) It was also super fun to see the wedding invitations, life just keeps moving on, its nuts! The primary songs cds, - thanks a million! Hna Broome and I have been listening to them.  The first three cds are the piano, but the last three have the words.... so maybe you can buy it again and listen to the last three cds. haha but we`re trying to learn the primary songs. Hna Broome and I always sang primary songs, but in english and no one understands us. And we only remember about half the words. haha but its super fun and we`re excited to learn them in Spanish. Thanks for the liahonas too, I^m excited to find someone to share them with. Cheryl Siebert is hna broomes aunt - its such a small world! hna broome said her grandparents tried to call grandma and grandpa peterson but they didn`t answer, i told her maybe its cause they`re on a mission. When do they finish?

Thats so great that Lisa leaves this weeK! I`m excited for her, she will be an awesome missionary! tell I say hi if you see her before she leaves, and best of luck, and pray always, and shes really great! haha I was thinking about my cousins and wondering about their mission calls - Jaiden, Andrew, Adam?? Do they have mission calls yet? When are they gonna join us in the mission field? Its pretty great out here, I can`t wait!

So crazy thing happened this week. In our zone meeting they gave us little portable DVD players, one for every missionary house. ITs so we can watch things like teh district, and other PMG videos. They said they are gifts from the first presidency - the church is pretty techy, its awesome.

So, Hermana Broome and I are great! We`re working hard and its super fun. This week we went to visit a less active family, and one of their sister-in-laws joined us for our lesson. She`s not a member, and is really receptive to the message. We`re excited. We left a folleto with her and she read it all - super unusual. She is also excited to read the book of mormon. She`s not married to her marido, but she said that ya, we can get married. She said maybe in January and I said "Novemeber is an awesome month for a wedding" and she said, ya, esta bien. We`re excited to help her progress.

Oh, one of the members here wants Christmas sheet music, for a choir. In Spanish. She was wondering if you knew how to find it? I thought maybe natalie could find some links that I could give her??
Ado is going to be baptized this Saturday! He has had some problems with the word of wisdom, but I tink he`s gonna do it, finally! We`re really excited. His wife was baptized a month ago, and they have two of the cutest little boys ever. Joel is 6 years old and always prays, and says that when he grows up he`s going to be a missionary,
and after hes going to be a soccer player. He can`t wait until he's 8, so he can be baptized. Luis turned 4  Saturday. They are a super awesome family, and its honor to know them and be able to share the gospel with them.

We are working with some families, hopefully they can progress. Our biggest challenge is getting them to come to church. I think we`re going to teah them about the importance of going to churh and hopefully it will all go well.

The mission really is awesome. I am so glad to be here, in barrio Guaracal, with hna Broome. The church is true, the gospel changes lives. I love you all lots and lots and lots. Thanks for your prayers and your support.

Take care of yourselves!

Hna Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...