So my week was good. All of Monday I felt absolutely exhausted and pretty much slept all afternoon. At 6 we went out to visit everyone, but I was absolutely exhausted. From Saturday when I woke up with the cold, Sunday, MOnday I had been thinking about asking the elders for a blessing. But, i don`t know if its my hard headedness and the fact that I don`t like to ask for help, and I like to be independent - I couldn`t bring myself to ask them for a blessing. Monday night I was absolutely exhausted. I prayed that if it was necessary that Heavenly Father would send me the elders to give me a blessing. I woke up Tuesday morning - with no strength. I showered hoping it would help but went back to bed after, completely exhausted. I didn`t know what to do, but then the owners told us the elders had come to visit us. My companions went down to meet them, and asked them to come up and give me a blessing. The blessing was very special for me. For like a month I had been wanting a blessing of comfort, but you know me, didn`t want to ask. What I really wanted was a fathers blessing. But Elder Hansen gave me a blessing and it was everything that I needed to hear. He told me to be healed and that I would be able to go out and work that day, according to my faith. He told me I needed to be grateful for what God had given me, and he told me that my Heavenly Father loved me. And a whole bunch of very special things I needed to hear. The elders left, I said a prayer then got up and got ready. We studied and then we headed out to work. We were able to work all day Tuesday. It was a miracle. I am just so grateful for the priesthood and for worthy priesthood holders and for a Heavenly Father that takes such good care of me, sending me the elders when I need them. Heavenly Father is just so good to me. I know its also thanks to all of your prayers too, so thank you.
Wednesday night was transfers, I was 98% sure that I was going to stay in san Pedro and Braniff - but the Lord thoughts and my thoughts are different. The Zone Leaders called us and he told me that I would be working in Guaracal for the next 6 weeks and my companion would be Hermana Broome! Awesome. but he also told me that they were going to close my area. This cambio there aren`t any missionaries there and it brakes my heart. We had investigators who were preparing for baptism, and now no one is there to help them. I hope and pray for them that they will be strong and when the missionaries get there the next cambio they`ll be there and ready to be baptized!
Thursday morning we left early and I didn`t have a chance to say goodbye to anyone... bummer deal. The mission is full of goodbyes. I`m gonna miss the people in my other area, the members, investigators, recent converts, and my district and zone leaders. 4 and a hlf months in one area and you get a little attached--- but Guaracal is awesome! Its actually right next door to San Pedro and Braniff. So close, yet so far!
Hermana Broome is great, she`s from Ogden Utah and has one cambio more then me in the mission. She has a lot of faith and she always remembers to pray and ask God, where we should go, what we should do. Its awesome. I `m learning loads from her, and we are here to work hard, it should be great. There aren`t very many inevstigators so we are looking for new people like crazy! Its awesome.
Yesterday we had a neat experience. ALL of our appointments fell through. We were calling some of the people we had contacted to see if we could visit them and either they didn't answer or they didn`t have time. We headed out and were walking close to the church when we saw these guys, slightly sketchy walking down the street. Hna Broome and Hna Ortiz had taught them before so Hna Broome hollered "Oscar!" and they all turned around. They had tatoos, everywhere, piercings in their ears, and necklaces, and we`ll just say normally i try to avoid
men like this. BUt we asked if they`d like to join us in the church and if we could teach them. They said ya, and we headed to the church. Luckily there were members there and they joined us for the lesson. We taught the restoration, the members bore testimony, and it was absolutely powerful. I asked them how they felt, and they said good, relaxed. Then one of them said its true, I feel better in thsi church then in any other. We talked about baptism and ohw important it is to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ, they accepted a baptismal date, and one of them even said, "this is Christ`s church!· It was was so neat. The spirit was really strong, and you could see it in their eyes, they knew it was true. I definitely learned that you can`t judge a book by the cover, or crazy looking men by their tatoos. haha We have another appointment with them this Thursday and I`m excited.
We`re gonna call our ward mission leader to join us with his wife...for their testimonies... and thier protection :) Should be awesome!
I wanted to tell you another story about this awesome family, but times upalready. I love you a lots and lots. THis is the work of the Lord. Tell Shandi and Lindsay hi, and i love them, and I would love to hear from them.
Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment