Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, October 3, 2011

Emily, 10.3

Wow! Amy Denis is coming to Santa Cruz! She better prepare to MELT!
Its super hot here. I think its been in the 90s at least, normally
upper 90s and it is HOT! But great! :) For the moment I can`t think of
anything I really need or was hoping for. I got your package of skin
care vitamins and I am taking them, but i feel like a druggy. I am
doing good health wise, I have a little bit of a cold and low energy,
but I`m sure it`ll pass. Hna Calderon recommended more drugs... haha
Its great! Shelby Cox is getting married?! Who is she marrying???
Please give her my congratulations and if you have wedding
announcements I`d love to see them. I still havnt seen Kaitlyn
Averett`s, I don`t even know if she married. Its pretty crazy that
life keeps goin on back there in Manti. Your friends with Elder
Andrews mom too? Sweet! I don`t know why I always make that sign,
peace and love, no mas :) Meals are good, I`m eating bolivian food,
like always. We changed our pensionista and now we don`t drink soda
everyday, which is a huge blessing. Our new pensionista is the wife of
the bishop and she is really awesome and very sweet. She takes good
care of us. You`re never gonna beliecve this, but I eat vegetables
like crazy! You should all be proud of me. Hna Silvina (our
pensionista) always has a whole mountain of vegetables and they are
delicious. I eat cereal and yogurt, or toast with jam, or oatmeal for
breakfast, and I haven`t been eating dinner these last couple weeks.
Hna Silivina gives us mountains of food, and I generaly don`t even
want to think about food again until the time breakfast comes around
the next day.

I`m sending some pictures, hopefully they can all attach in time.
After getting absolutely fried the other day I gave in and put on an
incredibly uglisimo (thats spanglish for really ugly) hat, I only
lasted one day, but i may have to put it on again.... we`ll see. I`m
also sending one of me and mis companeritas. We made flags and were
temple square sister wanna bes for conference. Another one of a
birthday party of the family of one of our investgators, and... one of
all the chocos (gringos) watching conference. It was so absolutely
awesome to watch conference in English! I got to see 3 of the sessions
in English, and it made me super happy! A miracle happened. Friday
night our zone leaders called us and told us that we had permision to
attend conference saturday!!  We already had appointments, but friday
i prayed taht if it was important to go then we would find the time to
go and listen. Saturday morning I called the appointments to invite
them to come with us and one family committed to going and the others
said taht they couldn`t meet with us saturday, that they were busy....
I guess it was important to watch conference! It made me super happy.
Coneference was awesome huh?? I loved the talk that talked about
teaching, sunday afternoon, and can`t wait to read it. I also really
like Sister dalton`s talk about hwo to raise girls, and I`m sure
grateful for my dad. He`s awesome!

This week has been a week full of, wow is this really happening. It
seems like all of our investigators have had a crazy trial this week,
and we have had the opportunity to teach them the gospel and comfort
them. One is Roxana and Edgar - They are a super young couple. Edgar
broke his leg and roxana has like a little baby restaurant that
supports thei family, they have one son. Edgar washealing good, but
something happened and he has to have another surgery. We were
teaching them and Edgar just started crying. Tell you whjat, its hard
to see a grown man cry. My heart just aches for him. We taught him
about the atonement and how amazing it is and how it can help us. I
think it helped. They came to the conference yesterday, crutches and
all. Roxana wants to be baptized, but they`re not married, and they
don`t have their documents so its gonna be awhile. This week we`re
having a fundraiser for htem in the ward. roxana is gonna make some
food, and wepre asking the members to go and support her and by lunch
from her. I hope and pray everything goes well.

Well times up already, I love you all so much! I really can`t think of
anything that I need, but I hope I`ll be able to see sister dennis,
that would be crazy awesome. Keep on keepin on, know that you`re all
in my prayers too. The church is true, the mission is awesome!I Its
cambios this week and both of my companions are finishing their
mission. I think it willl be a week FULL of goodbyes. Should be
awesome, cant`wait to see who is my comp, and where I`m gonna be!

Love ya`l lots and lots!

Love

Hermana Olsen





No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...