Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, December 12, 2011

Emily, 12.12.11

Ummm... I´m not sure what to do about efy. I need to apply myself?
Maybel I´ll ask presidente if I can. I´m scheduled to come home the
end of July, but I am thinking maybe a transfer early, because I´m
yeska (poor) and need to earn money before I can study again. NEIL HAS
A GIRLFRIEND???! No wonder he hasn´t written me anythng, thtas crazy!
But tell him he can´t get married till I get home, ya falta poco! Evan
wrote me and said that shandi was already married, but not till the
end of December. WAIT! Shandi is marrying colter lund? I just read
that again, I thought it was her old boyfriend, Colten, but colter
LUnd?? Thats crazy! Thanks for the news! and Kent, thats great. I´m
happy for them all. Its so weird to think people are growing up,
Kaitlyn wrote me too and she´s all married. Blows my mind. But asi es
la vida :)

Our new dress code is great, Before we were limited a little in the
colors, styles, but really everything goes now, basically :) The
biggest thing that I´m excited for is that we can now use colored
shoes! haha And necklaces, earings, bracelets - but we have to be
careful so that they don´t rob us :) Before they said we should only
use dark colored bags, coats, everything, and now its the more color
the better. They gave us a cd with pictures of everything thats ok and
it reminded me of downeast everything super fun, but still
professional. We walk A TON, pretty much all day.  My new shoes are
holding up super good, I wear them almost every day, sometimes I wear
my older shoes too, they are still super comfortable, just a little
ugly :) Its true, we tend to forget about ourselves, I hadn´t cut my
hair since a week before I left, and it defintely needed it. The hair
dresser was super good, she loooked at my hair, and said ya, we´re
gonna do this and this and maintain the length and everything... and I
jst sad, ya esta bien. Turned out good, and I bet it could be super
cute if I had time to actually do it, or a straightner, but there
sjust not time. I sport the  poneytail everyday, but I have discovered
a variety of poneytails to do :) its also just to hot to leave it
down. We don´t have air conditioning, almost no one does. The stake
center has air conditioning n the chapel, but no where else. And the
mission office. But thats about it. BUt everyone has a fan. :) Im glad
you got the pictures, I havne´t erased any so thanks for telling me.
How are mark and Jen doing?  And everyone else? Natalie and william
are gonna be there for Christmas again? I´m glad you went to hte
messiah, I was thinking about a year ago when i got to participate. It
was a super great experience. I enjoyed it.

Gabriel is doing great. We went for the FHE the other night and it was
awesome. We talked about the wise men, what they did to come to
Christ, and the gifts they brought, . She shared her experience with
her aunt, and said, I jsut want to get baptized. I know its true. It
was super special for me. She didn´t want to accept a date, I don´t
know why its so hgard. She didn´t come to church yesterday either, but
we talked to her aunt again lsat night and she said she s gonna be ok.
She went home for a few days, but shes gonna come back this week. In
January she should be baptized.

We are also preparing Daniel for his baptism. He is a joven that lives
in front of the church. Super easy to attend, but he just can´t wake
up in the morning! haha but wei´re gonna keep helping and praying for
him. Should be baptized on Christmas Eve. The zone is gonna have a
Noche blanca, so we should have  a white christmas, en 90 degree
weather. I really can´t believe its almost Christmas.It really doesn´t
feel like it. But ni modo, I´m happy for the time to think a little
more inthe Savior.

Well I love you all lots and lots. THanks mom for the reminder of
Grace, little by little I am learning, and hopefully gettign better.
I am grateful for my Savior, and all that He has done, and does for
me. The church is true.

Hermana olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...