Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Its a hot December, Emily 12.5.11

It is so weird to think that its december, I feel more like we`re in the middle of summer. Looks like the snow is awesome, and the kids are enjoying it.

I was thinking about the Savior of the World performance, I really loved it last year. It taught me a lot. I`m so glad that you`re enjoying all the Christmas festivities, only three more weeks till Christmas, I can`t believe it. THe  home call, I asked presidente calderòn how it works, and he said its the same as mothers day. I`ll call you saturday, and then you`ll call me Sunday. I don`t know what time it is there, if its one hour or two, or three hours difference, with daylight savings at all. We have church in the morning, at 8am - super early, no? And basically anytime after that. We were going to have a baptism that day, but they haven`t gone to church, and we can`t
seem to find them in their house - so whatever time works for you. I think I would like to talk to you at night again, like before. I^m not sure what Hermana Iquise is gonna do. How was the first presidency devotional? What did they say? what did you learn?what videos are they making? Peter saw an alligator? Que crazy!

Well this week, has been another learning and growing experience. Tuesday we had an awesome training with presidente Calderòn. That night we went to visit gabriela - the relief society president`s niece - and she told us she didn`t want to keep listening to us. Well she told us that we could come by, that she likes it, but that she doesn`t want to get baptized - yet. It was a complete turn around of everything. She was reading, praying, going to church, everything, then all of the sudden she didn`t want to. I tell you what, it hurt, a lot. But she was talking, and she said that before her aunt and cousin always talked to her about the gospel and she never understood, but when I started visiting her, everything was clearer, and she understood better. As she was telling us, I got an  overwhelming feeling that I knew her, That i had known her before this life. We were good friends in the pre-existance, and I just began to cry. She is my friend that I came to find, and bring her the gospel. It was a super spiritual neat experience for me. I really knew her, and it just hit me - she needs the gospel so much! I promised I would find her, and here I am teaching her. It was really hard. I just asked her to keep trying, keep praying, studying, going to church. THen we left. I truly felt like we couldn`t drop her, not yet. But maybe let her on her own for a little. We kept praying for her, asking that her heart would be softened. Then Friday morning we got a phone call. The relief society president (her aunt) called and said sorry for calling so early but this couldn`t wait. She said she had been praying for gabriela, and early that morning she felt like she needed to show gabriela moroni 8. She went to her room at like 5:30am and woke her up so she could read it. She read it, then hna Millan (RS president), felt like she should have her read Moroni 10:4-5, she read it. And she kneeled down right then and asked Heavenly Father if it was all true. Then Hna Millan felt to have her read one more scripture - Alma 30:41-42 - read it, its amazing how much it applies to her. She read it, and Gabriela just began to cry. She apologized to her aunt because she had been treating her bad, and said that she wanted to keep learning, keep going to church, keep listening to us. We fasted for her yesterday, and today we are going to have a family home evening with them.I hope and pray that we will be ablet o teach with power and authority, and that she will be able to have the faith in Jesus Christ and except His great atoning sacrifice in her life. She is a very special person for me.

Last week we had a meeting with hna calderon and we have new dress standards as sisters. Its pretty muchy FREEDOM! and I am excited. Today all of the hnas in the mission are getting togetehr, and we`re gonna head to a salon to get our hair done, and go out to lunch. Should be super great. The hnas here are some of my best  friends.

The other day I sucked on a chicken neck that they gave me in my soup - it was weird. haha I have also been enjoying a cup of banana juice with milk every morning - its delicious. Hno Nikolas  told me that he has awesome teeth because when he was little his mom cooked the shell of eggs in the oven and then crushed them up into flour and put it in all of his food.He said you have to take out the inner skin - but its a good source of calcium, and I should do it for my kids someday - and I was thinking maybe my neices and nhephews could aprovacahr de eso. I can`t think how you say that in English.

Well, I sure love you all lots and lots. I still haven`t received that package you mentioned mom - but hopefully this Thursday. My Heavenly Father is teaching me, and I am grateful to be here. I am also super grateful for a new week to start witha flesh slate, with no mistakes in it, yet. With the grace of Jesus Christ I know I can be better this week. This is the Lords work, and He did not send me here to fail. He will help me. Thanks again for  everything - especially your prayers and your letters and your insights.

Merry Christmas!

Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...