Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Emily, 12.26.11

Wow, I can`t believe I talked to you all last night! It was so fun to
hear all your voices, to laugh and enjoy, and it was definitely the
shortest hour of my entire life. It was super fun to hear Jack, its so
crazy to hear him talking, I feel like hes a little stranger thta I
don`t know at all, but I am excited to get to know him, and Nelly and
THomas, it will be fun. WHen Elise said "I just want to tell you
something", I thought she was gonna say she was pregnant again or
something - haha Maybe for the next phone call. I didn`t know grandma
and grandpa peterson were gonna be there, that was really fun, and
grandpa olsen, and Kristen and everyone. But I did feel bad I didn`t
get to talk to my brothers-in-law, but hi john and william! I hope
you`re both doing awesome, and loving the ranchin life, with all your
cows your buyin. what an adventure.

This week has been.... good. We had a Christmas dinner with Presidente
y hna Calderòn, and a few other zones, it was fun. We went to a
restaurant called Puerto madero, and it was delicious. It was a
buffet, and I enjoyed a little of eerything. It was the 23, just like
you and your buffet, so maybe we celebrated together :) Saturday we
went to the elders baptism. We always see the investigatros in church
and talk to them, and they`re are good friends. They actually invited
us to their wedding, but we couldn`t go ;(, but we went to the
baptism, and it was super special. Two families, and five people were
baptized. The elders are awesome examples for us.

It actually poured rain on us Saturday. I have lost my umbrella, I
have no idea where its at. It had rained during study, but stopped
when we were leaving. I thought about grabbing my rain coat but its
just so hot... so i decided I^m just gonna get wet if it rains, and
well.... I did. SOAKED! I love the rain, i just laughed and laughed.
The drainage here.... well its not that great and the streets were all
fillled with water, it was like crossing a river. Super fun adventure.
We went to an appointment and they weren`t there, so we just turned
around and kept walking in the pouring rain, you laughing the whole
itme, hna Iquise... well she didn`t like it that much. Actually wanted
to ask a favor, think you could send me the talk "come what may and
love it"  by Elder wirthlin? in Spanish... I`ve been wanting to share
it with her. ;) Speaking of come what may and love it, today we had to
go to the Doctor, in the early morning, hna Iquise has a cough that
doesn`t let her sleep at night (I on the other hand sleep like a rock.
For Christmas they light off a bunch of fireworks at midnight for a
few hours, hna Iquise said it was super loud - and i didn`t hear a
thing! great talent for hte mission... but when I`m a mom? my poor
children!). We went in taxi and got there alright she talked to the
doctor, we found a pharmacy after and then we had to figure out how to
get to internet. Hna Iquise didn`t want to pay for another taxi so we
decided to brave the bus system. We asked a few peole and they told us
what buses we could take. I asked the bus driver as we got on and he
said that the bus went where we wanted to go. We sat down and got
comfortable, but about 20 mins later we entered my old area,
equipetrol, and I just happened to know that it is on the complete
other side of the city, i asked the driver again, and he said t would
be another hour before we got close, and well we didn`t have an hour.
haha so we had to jump off and find another. It was a great big long
adventure of looking for bus, getting on the right one, and the
wondering where in the world it was taking us. But we made it! and we
fit in an great tour of santa cruz. haha it was pretty funny. I think
i`m gonna miss the buses here. There aren`t bus stops here, ya just
stick your hand out as the bus goes by and hope it stops, and when you
get off you just ask them to stop and you jump off, quickly! Its
always an adventure ridin the buses..

We are teaching Reuben, hes the one that asked which church is true.
We taught him the Wof W and he said he would drink. We went the other
day and he said that he left with his friends, and they drank a
little. He said he felt terrible. It was Christmas eve and he said his
family was probably going to invite him to drink. But we told him no!
don`t do it! Hes the one that came to church yesterday. I asked him
how his Christmas eve was. He said that his aunt started getting out
all the wines and he told them hed be right back. He went to his house
for a little while, and when he went back they had finished it all
off. and he dind`t drink! yaya! He`s gotta get married, but hes
reading the book of mormon. He just needs to pray, and he`ll know its
al true.

Well times up again. I love you all! have an awesome new year! are
ya`ll going to Kristen´s again? I want tknow if I got anything right
with my predictions this year! I can`t remember what I said. Love ya
all!

Happy New year!

Hermana Olsen!

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...