Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, December 19, 2011

Emily, 12.19.11

Wow! I only have 14 mins, but this week has been awesome. Elise and
JOhn are already there? HOw fun! I have been thinking a lot about how
we celebrated Christmas last year, i loved it. Its something that was
super special for me. Savior of the World, the live nativity, the
bethlehem dinner, it was awesome and I hope the traditions keep going.
Enjoy being together in family, thats super important.

Thanks for hte pictures, I gues dane decided to wrestle, I can`t
believe my little brother has all those muscles! haha

This week has been good. THe main thing is that we had a fund raiser
for hna Car- She`s an investigator that wants to get married and
baptized with her husband but they didn`t have the money to be able to
do it. She made some food, and all the members came and bought it. It
was awesome. She sold ALL of her food, and should be able to progress
now. Hna Iquise and I made posters so the members could find her
house, and we helped cooked. Cooking here in BOlivia is a lot like
cooking when you camping, an adventure :) I`m gonnna try to send
somepictures. but its not working so we`ll see. They should be able
to get married and baptized in January.

This week we also found another brother to share the gospel with,
Reu! We stopped him in the street and he seemed really interested.
We went back to visit him hoping his wife would be able to join us and
we could teach him, but she wasn`t feeling good. So we asked him to
wait while we ran to find a sister to come with us. Sister melissa
came and the Lord blessed us for our obedience. We started with a
prayer and before we could say anything he said ¨"I just have one
question, what church is the true church?"  I jsut had to smile and
thank my Heavenly Father for preparing people to teach. We taught him
the restoration and  gave him a book of mormon. He commited to read
from it and pray to know if it was true. We went back again Saturday
and taught him in a members house (something president calderòn has
been pushing), and itwas awesome. We taught the plan of salvation, he
is full of questions, and its so much fun to teachhim.But its
interesting how satan works, he told us as we got there, that the
Jehovah witnesses had just left and he had a lot of questions for us.-
He committed to come to church iwth us yesterday, and the stake
president said he would go by to pick him up - they`re neighbors, but
he got sick and did pick him up. We called yesterday when he didn`t
come to church and they said the number was wrong, but we`re gonna
pass by to find him. We  also met his wife, she`s a little more....
duro. Not looking for the true church like her husband, but we`re
praying to be able teach her too. They also have to get married, but
poco a poco.

As we were knocking a door a man stopped in his truck and asked us if
we were Jehovah witnesses (people always think that we are), we told
him know, we`re from the true church! He asked where people go when
they die, and we told him, the spirit world! haha we explained a
little about the plan of salvation, and gave him a pamphlet. We wanted
to write his nfo to send the elders, but he siad he`d got o church
there. Espero que si!

We are also visiting a family that are menos activo, but they want to
go to church again, pay their tithing be obedient. Its awesome how God
never forgets his Children and his constantly looking for ways to
bring them back home.

Well the church is true. I love you all so much and  can`t wait to
talk to you. MerryCHristmas!

Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...