Finally i get to write you all again! I feel like its been years! I can`t believe Cami is home already. Blows my mind. The time goes by super fast. I agree with peter the kitchen looks awesome. I received the package of pictures, letters, and candy (thanks so much!) and looks like you have painted the library two? I feel like I`m getting a sneak peak, it`ll be fun to see it all. Looks like Simeon had an awesome birthday, and is super excited about everything. I forgot about scouts too, but that should be really fun. I can`t believe how grown up Simeon Isaac and Debbie are. I just realized that everyone is gonna be so grown up when i get home. Crazy. So Simeon`s baptism is this week, muchas felicidades bud! I hope you take lots of pictures to send us. and Isaac`s birthday is this week too! Feliz cumpleaños!
We`re gonna have two baptisms this week too. Hermana Gayol told me I could just imagine they were Simeon being baptized and it would almost be like I was there with him. But I am so grateful to be here too. We are gonna baptized Jesus this week - and no my name is not John ;) Its weird that his name is Jesus, but its super common here. But Jesus is 25 years old and is a golden investigator. He was a referral from the members. He goes to church all by himself. This week as we were teaching him about the commandments - chastity, tithing, word of wisdom, sabbath day, he committed to obey all of them always saying "I already knew that, I already do that." or "yes I`ll pay my tithing because it sounds like a good thing to do" I was a little nervous to see how he would react to sabbath day observance, because he always says his true love is the soccer ball - he plays all the weekends. before he would go to church, and then go play all afternoon. We taught him and asked if he was willing to obey this commandment and he said - "well if its a commandment of God I guess it better be obeyed." His girlfriend is a member of our ward and she has taught him pretty much everything. He always asks about the temple and how he can go and how the temple marriage is and everything. Its his goal. It is gonna be so neat to watch him progressing. I am really excited for him.
Elizabeth is also going to be baptized this weekend. Another referral from the members. She is 16 years old and is a sweetheart. Her life has been kind of sad. Her mom is not very responsible and was never there to teach her anything. In the last few months a member family has pretty much taken her in as her daughter - they are teaching her everything - good behavior, how to clean, sweep, cook, sew, read, everything. Everyone has always told her that shes not smart enough, but this awesome family is helping her. She is brilliant. She is super excited for he baptism. She has had to make some changes in how she dresses and acts, but she has done it all and is very prepared for her baptism. And the member family is going to make it very special. We are hoping lots of members show up to support them.
We are also working with Paula, she is another reference from the missionaries in Belèn. We taught the first time and she asked us "what do i need to do to be baptized?" it was amazing. She goes to church on her own, reads all of her assignments, and prays. She believes this is the true church, and is also very excited for her baptism on March 10. Its so neat. I truly feel so blessed. We have hardly hard to do anything and God has blessed us with people who want to make covenants with Dios, the elect.
Jackaline is another sister that was gonna be baptized Saturday, but she didn't`go to church yesterday . We heard she might of dange, so hopefully its just that she was sick. But we are gonna visit her and help her to keep progressing. Its kind of sad because we asked if her family was gonna go to her baptism and she said that her dad had prohibited that they go to support her. No one is allowed to go. She says she wants to get baptized, but she needs to show her desire going to church and reading the book of Mormon. But she is very special, and she`ll be baptized this month for sure. A small, miracle we had with her is that she works in internet. There are always people and lots of noise, but we prayed that there wouldn`t be anyone (i don`t know if thats bad) and when we got there everyone left. It happened three times this week. AMAZING!
This is the Lords work, i am so grateful to be here and to be an instrument in His hands. Thanks so much for you love, support, and prayers. I love you all like crazy!
Love,
Hermana Olsen
PS Saludos a Cami!
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment