Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Emily 3.5.12


I`ve been thinking about you a lot this weekend.  How neat it was that we all had baptisms this weekend.  Its such an awesome experience to be a part of.  Thanks a million for the pictures. It is so awesome to see. Looks like you had a load of family support which is awesome, and Simeon looks super happy. And sounds like Isaac had an awesome birthday.

This week has been awesome. The other day we were about to knock on a gate when a women walked out the front door of her house. we called her before she could escape ;) and she said "You found me!" she greeted us warmly and asked if we wanted to come in. Hna Gayol and I just looked at each other like - do we know her? Turns out she´s just a friendly person. haha She said that her mom was baptized in the church, when she was little. She said actually that she was baptized to, but when she was five. We explained that we don`t baptize before the age of eight - but she said she was sure. We`re still not exactly sure if she is a member of not, but she is awesome. We shared a short message with her and she told us all of her needs - it was amazing. She has a great desire to go to church, help her kids, love her husband, and live the gospel. We are more than happy to help her. She also introduced us to her sister that was for sure not baptized, and she is also very receptive. We have great hopes for them.

Tuesday we went to talk to Isabel`s mom to get her permission for her baptism. The member family had told us that she was alright with everything so we thought it was gonna be quick and easy. But we got there and said she didn`t want to give permission yet, she wanted to talk with her catholic family, and that did we really need it right now? We bore testimony of the importance of baptism and invited her to pray about it. She asked if it could wait till Thursday. I was a little nervous, but we kept praying that everything would be alright and that she would be able to feel the need her daughter has to be baptized. We went Thursday and she wasn`t there. We called and looked for her and said she wasn`t gonna be able to come. Hermana Gayol and I kept praying and Friday morning we called Isabel the member family, and they said she had signed the paper! What a miracle! 

They were both baptized Saturday and it was so neat. We told them to be there at 6:30 to be able to change and get started at 7pm. Jesus and Isabel both got there early - but everyone else came at MBST (Mormon Bolivian Standard Time), and we were very relieved as the baptism started at 8pm. haha It was very special. Isabel was baptized first and she as super nervous. We said a quick with her in the bathroom and then she was baptized! Her foot came out the first time - but the second time it was gold ;) Then Jesùs entered the water. I don`t know why but it was very special for me. I just felt like wow, he is gonna be such an awesome member of the church. Yesterday he came to church in his white shirt and tie, and dress pants and everything. His confirmation was somethin special too. Right off in the blessing he said that there was much happiness in Heaven because an man of valor had entered the church of Jesus Christ, and that he would shortly have the priesthood and serve in the church. He was also blessed that he would have the right words to be able to share the gospel with his family and friends. I really am so excited to watch him progress and learn in the gospel. He really is something special. 

Isabel´s confirmation was neat too. She was also blessed to be able to share the gospel with her family and friends, and that she would be a good example in her actions and life so that others could come to the church. It was amazing because a brother confirmed them both. He didn`t know them at all, but their blessings were absolutely perfect for each of them. 

Something that I loved to hear was Jesùs and isabel talking after the baptism. Jesùs asked if Isabel was gonna come to church the next day and she said of course, now that i`m baptized I gotta come every Sunday. It was all super neat and I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of it,and witness my brother and sister receive the blessings of the restored gospel. I am happy. 

I know that this church is true and that this is the Lord`s work. I love you all so much. Take care of yourselves! Have a great week! 
Love 
Hermana Olsen

ps Neil! Happy birthday last week, I was thinking about you all day! and is that Jaiden in the picture - I think he is bigger! I can`t wait to hear where he is going on his mission! :)

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...