From the Mom:
On Monday I received a phone call from Sister Slingerland. she was a senior missionary at the training center in Peru and taught Emily Relief Society. She was very impressed with Emily and her happy personality. She shared a thank you note that Emily had written her. Of course, Emily invited her to come for pageant. It is so fun to be collecting friends around the world as my missionary shares her love of the gospel and people.
Today a young man came to my door at 10 in the morning asking the kids for their mom. I was afraid it was going to be a salesman but NO, it was Elder McClatchey. James, as he is now called just got home yesterday. He brought his brother down to Snow College today and stopped by to visit. I got a hug from a Florida Orlando missionary that knew my missionary. They were companions a year ago for 2 transfers and have kept up with each other well. He said so many nice things about my son. Peter is a great missionary. He is being blessed and protected. He is right where he is suppose to be and he is serving honorably. Peter is also using his practical skills to keep everyone safe and offer service. James talked about how if there were a car on the side of the road they would stop and offer help. Peter would jump in, take a look, often fix the problem and help them on their way. When the garage door quit working he starting taking it apart, tinkering, and fixed it himself. I did find out he still carries a pocket knife and is always prepared to help. Peter know how to keep their house clean! Yeah. It didn't always show in his room but glad he figured it out. James talked about all the good things he learned from Peter and what a great experience they had together. I even got to hug this missionary, twice! He is a fine young man with an amazing testimony. I believe he is not in any hurry to fit in the world but will continue to valiantly live the gospel he has been teaching and sharing. He will be a man who honors his priesthood and continues to serve others. He will continue to find joy and satisfaction. He sure made my day.
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
1 comment:
That's so fun! I think I need to call for an update!
Post a Comment