Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emily 3.12.12


Hermanas on Pday

Elder Olsen and Sister Olsen
Wow, another week has already gone by. It goes by so fast I can`t
believe it! One more week and the transfer ends. Hermanas Thorpe,
Merrell, Broome, Hernandez, and Randal are all going home this
transfer - bummer. I`m gonna miss them! We have been enjoying every
P-day al maximo before they leave. This week we`re gonna go out for
ice cream at the Vaca Fria - the best ice cream en Santa Cruz! Should
be great. Thats fun that Kariann is home already. I can`t believe it!
Everyone just keeps getting home. I was talkig to a pregnant lady and
she said she was due in July and I said o 5 or 6 months and she said
no four - and it scared me! There are only 4 months more until July???
I think its better not to think about it. I feel very white still here
in Bolivia - everyone tells me too- Choquita me dicen. Its funny.

Sounds like a party there. I`m glad you are all enjoying time
together. I was never any good at bowling - even after taken the class
at Snow. Maybe its just not in our blood ;)

Well this week has been good. P. keeps progressing and she is gonna
be baptized this week! Hooray! Its gonna be on Thursday because
Saturday is the Relief Society birthday and there is a fireside, and
Friday there is a father´s day celebration. Father´s day here is March
19 - weird. I thought it was a worldwide holiday. But should be super
neat. She is definitely one of the elect and she is excited. I called
her yesterday to remind her of the stake conference and i asked how
she feels about her baptism ad she just laughed and said happy! me too
i told her. It is gonna be so neat.


Yesterday we had a stake conference via satelite for all of Bolivia.
It was AWESOME! Elder HOlland spoke and he doe`t really speak Spanish.
But he tried and then had an interpreter. He speaks but I think his
accent is worse then mine :) But it was so neat because at the end he
bore his testimony in Spanish and the spirit was SO strong! I loved
it. They talked about the small and simple things - celestial
traditions in the home. He talked about the sacred places that we
should have. Home, Church, and temple. and how important it is to have
these sacred places, these refuges to escape from the world.

They also talked about how special Bolivia is and that they are the
descendents of Lehi and so the Book of Mormon was written especially
for them. They said that the parents should tell their kids bedtime
stores from the book of mormon, and to be able to do that we need to
be really familiar with the Book of Mormon. I loved that idea.

I was also reading daughters in my kindgdom - hna arminda gave me a
book in spanish and i am loving it. But I wanted to ask my
grandparents if they could write me a letter or history of how our
family got to know the church. Who taught them, where were they, and
what happened. I only remember that Heber C Kimball is one of my
grandpas - and everyone knows his stories! But I have other
grandparents, and how did they know the church and become members?

Wow, time is up already. I love you all the church is true! Thank you
so much fo ryour prayers and support.

THanks!

Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...