The only thing constant is change and that's true in the mission too. We had transfers this week and hermana Gayol and I thought we were safe because the training program
is twelve weeks - and we only had six together. But well, I guess sheis just super prepared and ready because they called us Wednesday night and told us that we had transfers. Hermana Gayol went to La Pompa to open area and train a new sister, and I stayed here in Equipetrol to train another new sister. Seven new hermanas came this week which is super great because 5 left, but we were a little short on trainers for them. I am super happy for hermana gayol, she is gonna be a super great trainer. She is an amazing missionary. We worked really well together. Everyone always told us we were like sisters. We got along super well, and well, I am gonna miss that girl. In mission language I now officially have "three daughters" and "one
grandaughter" :)
and my new companion? Hermana Ramirez! She is from California, she`s
tall, skinny, and super full of energy. Her mom is from El Salvador
and her Dad is from Guatemala and she grew up speaking Spanish -
everyone thinks she is a native. Its a huge blessing for me, i was a
little nervous i was gonna have to teach her Spanish, but its the
other way around. She helps me a lot. She is 24, never thought about
going on a mission because she always wanted a big family and said
that if she wanted a big one she had to start early! She is the 6th of
8 kids, so we relate really well. She also is thinking about studying
elementary education with a special in PE - so we have a lot in
common. It should be a fun couple of transfers.I am excited.
Before the training meeting i had the opportunity to talk to some of
the sisters that are in my old areas and ask about some of the
investigators. Do you remember Gab from Guaracal? Well she was
baptized! and Ad has a baptismal date again, and passed his
interview - so I think he will be baptized soon too! There was also an
investigator in Braniff that married his "wife" and was baptized. They
showed me pictures and they are super happy. We had done several FHEs
with them because his wife and kids were inactive - but now they are
all members of the church and are happy. I also heard that the Ya
family that was baptized with me in San Pedro are super actives and
happy. It was a tender mercy to hear how things were going, and to
know that these people that i grew to love so much are progressing.
I think I told you last week that we had visited a brother in the
hospital - P. We went again this week and he is very humble. It is
a neat experience to teach in the hospital -they can`t hide or escape,
and they are more humbled, looking for God. He accepted a baptismal
date for April! But he needs to recuperate first - your prayers are
welcome and appreciated ;) We had gone two times and he hadn`t prayed,
he refused. The third time we went I felt that he just needed to do
it, to pray with us. I told him that i would say the first prayer, if
he would say the closing prayer. He said no. I asked why and he said
it was because he can`t talk - yep he SAID he couldn`t talk ;) I was a
little stubborn, and tried to encourage him, and he got a little upset.
oops. I just smiled and said I would say the opening prayer. I did, we
shared the lesson - the restoration. And then in the end i asked him
to say the closing prayer. At first he said no, but hermana Ramirez
encouraged him a little too and - he did it! It is amazing how God
humbles people and prepares them for the gospel.
This week the RS helped a sister whose son died after years of
fighting cancer. They cleaned out his house and they said it was a
huge project. But it was neat to hear her thank all the sisters who
had gone to help her. It made me appreciate the RS and the opportunity
be a member of such a neat society. Hermana A told us that the
wish of her son was to have his body cremated - weird! But the
weirdest part is that the hermana asked the bishop to store his
remains in the church until his brother could come to pick them up.
haha Gross!
Wow, time is up already. I was thinking about school and class and
when its time to register? Maybe you could do a little research?
Enjoy general conference this weekend! I`ll be thinking about you all!
Love you all lots and lots!
Love
Hermana Olsen
grandaughter" :)
and my new companion? Hermana Ramirez! She is from California, she`s
tall, skinny, and super full of energy. Her mom is from El Salvador
and her Dad is from Guatemala and she grew up speaking Spanish -
everyone thinks she is a native. Its a huge blessing for me, i was a
little nervous i was gonna have to teach her Spanish, but its the
other way around. She helps me a lot. She is 24, never thought about
going on a mission because she always wanted a big family and said
that if she wanted a big one she had to start early! She is the 6th of
8 kids, so we relate really well. She also is thinking about studying
elementary education with a special in PE - so we have a lot in
common. It should be a fun couple of transfers.I am excited.
Before the training meeting i had the opportunity to talk to some of
the sisters that are in my old areas and ask about some of the
investigators. Do you remember Gab from Guaracal? Well she was
baptized! and Ad has a baptismal date again, and passed his
interview - so I think he will be baptized soon too! There was also an
investigator in Braniff that married his "wife" and was baptized. They
showed me pictures and they are super happy. We had done several FHEs
with them because his wife and kids were inactive - but now they are
all members of the church and are happy. I also heard that the Ya
family that was baptized with me in San Pedro are super actives and
happy. It was a tender mercy to hear how things were going, and to
know that these people that i grew to love so much are progressing.
I think I told you last week that we had visited a brother in the
hospital - P. We went again this week and he is very humble. It is
a neat experience to teach in the hospital -they can`t hide or escape,
and they are more humbled, looking for God. He accepted a baptismal
date for April! But he needs to recuperate first - your prayers are
welcome and appreciated ;) We had gone two times and he hadn`t prayed,
he refused. The third time we went I felt that he just needed to do
it, to pray with us. I told him that i would say the first prayer, if
he would say the closing prayer. He said no. I asked why and he said
it was because he can`t talk - yep he SAID he couldn`t talk ;) I was a
little stubborn, and tried to encourage him, and he got a little upset.
oops. I just smiled and said I would say the opening prayer. I did, we
shared the lesson - the restoration. And then in the end i asked him
to say the closing prayer. At first he said no, but hermana Ramirez
encouraged him a little too and - he did it! It is amazing how God
humbles people and prepares them for the gospel.
This week the RS helped a sister whose son died after years of
fighting cancer. They cleaned out his house and they said it was a
huge project. But it was neat to hear her thank all the sisters who
had gone to help her. It made me appreciate the RS and the opportunity
be a member of such a neat society. Hermana A told us that the
wish of her son was to have his body cremated - weird! But the
weirdest part is that the hermana asked the bishop to store his
remains in the church until his brother could come to pick them up.
haha Gross!
Wow, time is up already. I was thinking about school and class and
when its time to register? Maybe you could do a little research?
Enjoy general conference this weekend! I`ll be thinking about you all!
Love you all lots and lots!
Love
Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment