Debbie
Washington Yakima
Monday, March 19, 2012
Emily 3.19.12
I`m glad you got the letters - sorry if they were late. There's a few priets here that we are working with to get them out on the mission. Its the best thing that anyone can do with their life. Everyone should go. and the men si o si have to go. Its their blessed responsibility. Thanks for sending Neil's and my sisters letters too. Sounds delicious, your Olsen dinner. They don`t celebrate st patricks day here, but I made sure to wear my green and warned my companion the night before that if she didn`t i`d be pinchin her! haha Today is fathers day here - so happy fathers day dad! I love you! and its almost my half birthday! hehe I`m gettin old. They do celebrate the relief society anniversary - they had a program where they performed the beginnings of relief society in the dispensation - and also from bible times. They said it was neat. We couldn`t go. What do you guys do? Sounds like you all had a blast up there, i would love to see the church history museum. Thanks for the pictues. I really love seeing them. And dane and dad - sounds like fun to. Did your hand hold up alright dad? have you had your other surgery yet? Have you adjusted? I`m glad the work is going good. Thanks for taking good care of me mom. You are amazing. I just love you all so much and just like you, i love every word i get from you. Hna Thorpe just told me there is an awesome song for the mutual theme? Sounds like an awesome theme. I bet efy will be amazing with that theme. Is dane gonna go to efy? I told hermana thorpe and hermana merrell that they have to go visit you all for pageant. Maybe they will be callin you. They go home Friday - weird.
This week has been amazing. Paula was baptized. She had to have an interview with president calderòn`s counselor. After he told us she is a saint and its about time she is getting baptized. She really is a very special woman and I love her so much! I called her yesterday morning to make sure she was gonna go to church for her confirmation. She hermana, i`m not gonna be able to go today - and my heart stopped - and then she busted up laughing and said she was heading out the door. Her confirmation was special. said she was gonna be an example to the ward, and to her family, and her work. Her boss came to the baptism and turns out he is a nationally famous man that directs plays. All the members asked "who invited him? he`s famous!" it was awesome
We have been looking for new investgators like crazy. Paula was baptized and then we had... no one more to teach. We prayed, studied, and fasted this week. And yesterday we found 5 new investgators. The power of the fast is incredible. We have also asked referrals from all the members and we are gonna be contacting them this week. The Lord is so good to us. We are so blessed.
One referral we contacted was Pedro R. He lives close to our house, and i knew him a year ago when i was here. But he also just laughed and never had any kind of desire. We had three people tell us he was in the hospital and we should visit him so we went yesterday with a sister, and two brothers to give him a blessing. He has been humbled and is super prepared now to receive the gospel. He wants to learn. It was neat.
We also talked to a man named Julio yesterday. We were contacting his grandma, but it was a joke because she couldn`t hear! haha but he came to the rescue and invited us to come in. We told him we`d be right back and went to find a member to come with us. We had a neat lesson with him. He understood everything. and said he would be baptized. We are working with the members so he can keep progressing.
We really have been so blessed. I love you all! The church is true!
Love
Hermana Olsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment