Thanks for the picture mom - i hadn`t seen any of petes pictures in a long time - and he looks like a giant! Its about how i feel with all the Bolivianitos around me :) I am trying to send some pictures, but they are taking an eternity to load -so we`ll see. Mmm strawberries. That is something i am excited to eat again. Sounds like spring is in full swing thats great. It has definitely turned to fall here - the sun hasn`t come out all week, and its officially cold! We have put on our tights, scarves, and jackets. And we are using blankets again to sleep. Its an adventure. Hermana Ramirez was even brave enough to wash her clothes this morning in the cold - i still need to wash mine - should be a great adventure! This week is transfers again. They come super fast. I`m supposedly supposed to stay because we are only half done with Hermana Ramirez`s training - but you never know. We are anxiously awaiting the phone call wednesday night :) So I don`t yet have a phone number to give you. If i stay it`ll be the same house where you called me the other mother`s day -if not well we`ll see. Its my secret dream to go to Monterro - they are thinking about sending hermanas there forthefirst time. Its about an hour away. I`m up for any adventure i can get my hands on ;) But I also would love to stay here. We are finding lots of awesome investigators and hoping to be able to get them to church.
I still haven`t gotten any packages - and i am guessing you haven`t gotten my letters yet? Hopefully soon. We don`t get mail this week because of cambios - but hopefully soon ;) I got a letter from Winni this week! and from diana bishop, and grandma Peterson. It was SO good to hear from you all. Thanks a million!
Yesterday i was reading in PMG about repentance. I really liked that it said "the central purpose of our life is put it in harmony with God`s will through repentance" That is why we are here - to repent. and put our life in harmony with God`s will. And thats what is so hard to understand sometimes. Everyone says they believe in God and love Him, but what do we do about it. Do we love Him so much that we put His will before our own? That is what we promised to do when we were baptized. And now we have all of our life to keep trying to do it.To follow the perfect example that Christ gave us and obey God`s will.
We contacted a medio crazy man yesterday. I asked what he was doing here in Bolivia and he said doing drugs. He is from Chile and is here, illegally, and said "I`m a drug man" don`t worry mom - he wasn`t dangerous or anything. But he knew English and insisted in speaking in English and I had the opportunity to testify to him about the power of the atonement and that it could help himl. That he didn`t have to have the life that he does. That God wants more for him. As i testified i felt the spirit so strong. It felt like i could mean it more in English. He was wearing a super dirty white button up shirt. But as I testified of the atonement i just imagined that shirt clean, with a tie on, and i just thought wow. The atonement really can change him. Even for him, a drug man, he can repent and be cleansed. That is the message of the gospel. That is why Christ came to earth. I am so grateful for the atonement and this probationary state that we are given to repent and put our life in harmony with God`s will.
Well times up already. I love you all. I think the call works better for me in the night time. Like 7 or 8 o clock here. Let me know. Love ya!
Love
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment