Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, May 7, 2012

Emily, 5.7.12

Umm.. Simeon has braces?! Thats crazy! I love the pìctures - looks like you have an amazing camera. And awesome kids. Isaac`s rabbit only had three babies? They all look so grown up - my brothers and sister - not the rabbits, They look pretty little. And all that sunshine. Sounds fun. I never did read little britches - i`ll have to put it on my long list of things do when I go home. We sang come thou fount in my seminary graduation too - and we all cried. I love that song. 

OH! transfers - nothing happened. haha hna Ramirez and I stayed here in equipetrol. Hna Ramirez thinks that i am gonna finish the mission here- which would be ok, but crazy. Cause all together they would be 9 months in one ward. Weird! But i am happy to be here. Elder Felton is in my zone again - and elder bass. THey were both in this zone when i got here, feels like starting over. There are two new hermanas too, we`re excited to get to know them. 

This week was good. We are working hard and God is blessing us. I have been studying about being diligent and not getting distracted. I really liked Presidente Eyring`s talk in the priesthood session in oct 2011. He shared stories of leaders working harder then they thought they could. Giving more, even when they were tired. It was a good motivating talk to start my second to last transfer. I hope to be able to apply everything i have learned up to now, in these two tranfers and work like crazy! We have focused a lot this week in meeting our goals, and praying hard to be able to do  it, then working diligently. And we have improved a lot and what we were able to accomplish in one week. Feels good to work hard. 

We had a neat experience this week. We went to get to know a new neighborhood. We have been meaning to go for awhile. We knocked on a gate/clapped and a 21 year old guy came out. We started talking to him and inviting him hoping to be able to make an app. but then his sister came out. She was on her way to the market but we talked her into waiting and giving us a chance to share a short message with them. We didn`t have much time, btu we just talked about the Book of Mormon. It was awesome. THey just had these amazed looks on their faces. As we headed out hna ramirez said "wow, the message of the Book of Mormon is stunning" and its true! They were stunned. We are gonna go back tomorrow, and hopefully we can help them come unto Christ! A few houses later there was a lady outside sweeping. She let us come in and told us that she had some problems with her family, but she was fighting for her famiy because she loves her kids. We talked about how the gospel is powerful, and blesses families. It was so neat. I felt like God had sent us to her in her time of need. We get to go back to visit her today!  

We are working with Hno Eloy. He is about 55 years old, lives alone, and is a shoemaker. I don`t remember if i told you all about him last week. But he wants to be baptized. Every time we go he talks about how he wants to be closer to Christ and change his life. He reads the Book of Mormon, read the law of chastity and word of wisdom pamphlets, and prays - but he didn`t come to church yesterday .We don`t know why. He always says he is gonna go, and he`s gonna iron his lcothes and shower the night before so he is all ready, but sunday morning comes and something happens. The devil works hard on the chosen - but we are gonna work harder!

This morning we went to the vera family`s house because they invited us to use their washer and dryer! We`re excited. 

Well times, up. Love you all! I`ll call saturday to let you know about the call sunday. Chow!

Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...