Please pray for my knees.
Mom! I am so excited for you and your new calling! That is gonna be so much fun! and you are gonna help those girls so much in such a crazy fun time in their lives. Don`t worry about a thing, just be yourself, be happy, and enjoy it. God knows what He is doing, and He calls us where we can help the most, and where we can learn and grow the most. Who else is in Young Womens? My YWs leaders had a huge impact on my life, and i will always be so grateful for them and their example.
Umm... Hna Thorpe wrote me. Sounds like she is gonna go to USU and she wants to live with me - which is fine with me. She told me that there aren`t any apts left but there is a studio - but we would have to furnish it she says. I think i would prefer an apt. if at all possible.
That is so crazy that whitney is home. But awesome. I got a letter from her this week. IT`ll be awesome to talk and share experiences.
So....my knees. A few weeks ago we went to a district meeting and i got off the bus and couldn`t walk. My knee hurt me a lot. We ended up heading to the doctor the next day and he ordered a CAT scan of my knees. Turns out i have a disease! haha yep thats what he told me. My knee caps are both heading for the outside of my leg. He said it is super common among women from having wider hips (i`m not sure what he was trying to say...), wearing skirts, walking a lot, and kneeling often. Sounds like a disease of a sister missionary. Its nothing
serious - he just told me i had to go to fisical therapy every day for ten days and we are gonna see how it goes. He also told me i am no longer allowed to kneel down, for awhile. haha I guess i have been praying to much. Mostly i just feel like an old lady who has bad knees. They don`t give me to many problems,. I just pray that they
hold out two more months! So, pray for my knees please!
This week we found a girl named Angelica. She is 19 and is super friendly! She lives in front of the institute. We taught her about the restoration and asked how she felt, and she said satisfied. She felt good and happy, and excepted a baptismal date for June 23. Her problem is going to church. She told us she was anxious to go - but turns out she visits home every weekend and well, its gonna be hard for her to put church first i think. But we are praying lots. Last night we went to visit her, and she hadnt gotten back yet, but we met her sister, Claribel (i know that sounds like a cow name in English, but its better in Spanish). We taught her really fast yesterday. she prayed and asked God if this was the true church. After she told us she felt like crying and had a really strong feeling in her heart. It was really special. We are gonna visit them both tomorrow. should be awesome!
We also got to help a sister make flowers for mothers day. It was a fun service. We are gonna head back to teach her this week we hope. Should be great.
Well. The church is true! I love being a missionary. I love you all. OH! I found a quote in my study of the ensign this morning. ITs by M Russell Ballard. He said "...the most important cause of our lifetime is our families. If we will devote ourselves to this cause, we will improve every other aspect of our lives"
Hermana O
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment