Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, September 1, 2014

9/1/14

So as of Saturday I have been on my mission for a month! It is pretty crazy, I am getting used to it. :) So last week sometime we stopped buy a gated comunity that we were trying to get into to see a few members and the like. It was locked though so we didn't go in that day. Then this week we were going past the road that goes to it and I asked Elder Smith if he thought we should stop, he said that he had been thinking about it too, so we tried for it. We pulled up, the gate was closed and so we were turning around to head on our way when a car pulled in as we were leaving so we turned around again and followed them through the gate. Score! We went to a members house there and she said she was about to leave in 10 minutes (quite the blessing) we talked with her a few minutes. We got an appointment set up with her to come back and have a member lesson with her. Then she just kept talking, she told us about her brother that is in our ward, he had been excommunicated and had just started coming back to church with his non-member family. (Also a blessing) Then she told us about her teacher age son who was hopping to work on his testimony some. All kinds of incredible blessings! It was neat to see how things always work out when we listen to the spirit. 
There are so many people that I want to hear our message but so many don't even care. I am still seeking ways to help each contact that we make realize that the Gospel is something that they need in their life. It will help them so much! 
So we usually email from a church building. So holidays shouldn't effect us. :) I got one of the mission's i-pads on Friday. It is pretty neat.We use it as our planner and also to access all kinds of church literature. We can get conference talks the whole gospel library all kinds of good stuff. (we just have to download it while we are at the church. We also use it to share Mormon Messages and such. We often will use one of them when meeting with members, we then discuss how that principle applies to our life. It is a great tool I am excited to find ways to use it more effectively. We also have Internet Proselyting each day for an hour where we are to make the best use of being on Facebook communicating with members and investigators. I don't have a Facebook yet though, I won't get one till I am done being trained.
I so wish I could have been there for the camping trip! It would have been so amazing! It was great to hear some about it. High fives to Isaac, Simeon, and Jack for sleeping in hammocks! That made me happy to hear. It sounds like everyone is doing great! I love to hear all about it!
Something I am working on is relying on the spirit, because I really don't do very well a lot of the time. If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know!

Love always!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...