Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/14

This week wasn't too exciting. It doesn't seem like we did a whole lot looking back over the week, but we have made some good plans for this next week and we are already seeing miracles. I decided that I love the ward I am in yesterday! They are all so great I love getting to know them all, but it is sure taking me a long time. I am hoping to find ways to make it faster so everyone feels like they know me too. We have an awesome ward mission leader! He is so great. He is from Scotland and he is a missionary power house. On his mission he mainly worked with members. So with his guidance and his connection with the ward and our hard work we will see many miracles. I am so excited about it all! One hard thing about this ward is that it is only two months old. It use to be three different wards. Basically hardly anyone feels like they actually know the ward. So as we all work together more and get to know each other more great things will happen.
Over the past few weeks we have ran into a few Bible bashers. I want so bad to prove the church right because I know it is. I can do it too. But that is the problem. The only way anyone will change is through the spirit. Not the logic. So I am working on not bashing (which is hard). I am really focusing on looking for and answering the questions they should have asked. Basically the goal is to take any problem or question that they come up with and relate it to the principles of the gospel, not the doctrine-nitty-gritty stuff. As they come to know the truth of the gospel and the principles of the gospel they will actually be open to the true answers. They will then truly learn and change. 
Now that I said all of that, I want to bring up the best point of why the gospel is right that I have. (Because it is still important to know the how.) But I won't be doing bashing with it. ;) I decided the counter proof is the best way to go. When some one brings up questions and contradictions they are implying that the gospel is not true because of these little points that they bring up. The gospel is quite simple though, because of the way it is built. Either the gospel is completely true in every single aspect, or it is completely wrong. There is no middle ground. True or false. No other options. So if someone has a problem with the gospel and they are using that problem to say the gospel is not true. Then they that The Gospel as a whole, is false. Okay. Lets assume that it is false. If it is false then all the doctrines are false. All of the organization. All of the inspiration. All of the Book of Mormon. All of them are false. So, where did the Book of Mormon come from? Well it would have to be made up. So Joseph Smith and those he was in contact with together must have made it up. Compiling their knowledge together to make sure that The Book of Mormon complies with the Bible in every way. It has to expound and help explain the Bible, but it has to be even simpler then the Bible. Not only all of that, but it all had to be written from start to finish in just over 60 days. And I could go on. But I feel that that is more then enough. It isn't anything that important, and it won't help me convert anyone. Which is to bad. 
Anyways, me and Elder Smith get along great. Today we are headed out to see if we can find some cool stuff at pawn shops. We were playing some mini hockey this morning and mostly we ended up just trying to hit each other with the little foam ball. It was a good time. :) I love the work, and I am contently working to do it better. There is so many things for me to work on, I don't think that I will run out of things to work on, ever. Haha It is good though. The Church is true. Heavenly Father loves us all individually.

Love you all,
Elder Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...