Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, September 15, 2014

9/15/14

This week has been a bit different. We have been working really hard to get more lessons, with investigators or members either way. We weren't able to get hardly any lessons in with investigators. But we got more member lessons then we have had any other week. Which was a huge blessing. We are trying so hard to get the member missionary work going, and it is hard. It finally started making a difference. We actually got a referral from a member yesterday! We are going to start working with them in the members home. I am super excited. I think I have said it before but I'll say it again. Our ward mission leader is awesome! He is from Scotland he has an accent (which is legit) and his whole family does too. He is so much fun. So last week he challenged the ward to simply give a pie to one of their neighbors. Simple. It's not to scary. Growing up he did missionary work all the time. His whole family would try and always be working with someone. But it was never "Lets go introduce ourselves and give them a Book of Mormon!" Which can go well, but most feel really uncomfortable doing it, so they will not. Member missionary work shouldn't look like that anyways. "Love thy neighbor as thy self." That is what missionary work looks like. It starts simple. Just go make a friend! Talk to people get to know them. Build a relationship. As long as you faithfully live the gospel it will come up naturally. Really it is just the power of being yourself. Pretty neat stuff.

It sounds like a party! Visiting, baby blessings new horses all kinds of great stuff! I am kinda jealous it sounds like a blast. Isaac, your gonna have to tell me about your horse and how that is going sometime, and how your business is going, and what your doing for school. I love hearing from home. It just makes me happy. I know that I am where I am supposed to be, but I know that life back home will carry on without me. Some of the other new missionaries find P-day to be really hard. Personally I love it. It is so great to hear what is happening, what everyone is doing, and what they are learning from it all. 

I am learning a lot every day. I am learning so much about the gospel. There are so many different aspects and levels. And it is so perfect. I am learning so much from the missionary stories in the scriptures. What are some of your favorite missionary stories from the scriptures? We learn so much from Ammon. Him and his brothers did so much. When Ammon first went out to preach the gospel, he didn't preach. His brothers did, but they got thrown in jail. Ammon started by first serving. That is all he did was serve, he built the relationship, and waited to show the power of God. 

I am praying for that same power, the power of the spirit.

Love you all,
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...