Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, September 29, 2014

9-29-2014

We weren't able to get a lot done this week. One day we got a staple in the tire on the car, so we thought we would just go find some plugs to fix it because it was a slow leek as long as we left it in there. We took most of the rest of the day looking for a place that actually had some plugs. We finally found them at Lowes. So it was good that we got those before it got too low.
We have been working with a less-active family, and we go over and help them out with fhe each week. It is pretty fun. The kids are 5, 11, and 13. They all get distracted really easily and we found out while we have been there that we must be pretty boring, I guess we need to work on our story telling or something. So this last week we were doing Samuel the Lamanite. We actually had them interested somewhat this time, though the 5 year old wasn't in the room, so that probably helped. Quick note, when we first started doing the fhe's with them it was a lot more like a lesson, because that is most of what we do. We have been trying to get more of an fhe feel so they will enjoy it more. So part way through the lesson I had an idea. They had been making some paper airplanes before we got there and still had the paper out. So, for the activity I taught them how to make some good paper airplanes (because don't tell them but their airplanes weren't very good). We had one person be Samuel and then the rest of us tried to hit him with the paper airplanes. It was a good time, and before long we were all just throwing paper air planes at each other. The 5 year old heard how much fun we were having and came in, then his brother asked him sounding very shocked "Are you naked!?" Haha He had come out with only a shirt on. He left shortly. Haha But I don't think he was to embarrassed. So I guess not to much damage was done? Hope so.
Miracle for the week. Ever since I got here we have been trying to see this referral that Elder Smith got when he first got to this area. Elder Smith had made contact with him, but I've never seen or heard from him. We continue to drop past his house a few times a week, and he was finally there! So great!
Well, that's all for this week!
 
Love you all,
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...