Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10/6/14

This last week has been great! We got are first new investigator in a while which is awesome! Always something to be celebrated. Conference was amazing! I loved it so much. Though my biggest take away is very simple. Christ is our example, follow him. Look at his life, what did he do? Do the same. So basically I have a lot to work on. I am excited though. I haven't been reading the New Testament but I am going to start for that reason. One more thing on Conference. I think this was possibly my first time ever.... Staying awake for all of Conference. So I am feeling pretty accomplished.

So, I decided I was going to celebrate Sunday morning of Conference, so I made norweigian pancakes. They were great! I did the recipe we normally do at home (thank you Natalie for that!) and, I ate the all of them by myself. It was amazing... Haha Though one thing really stunk. Canned peaches are nasty. At least compared to home bottled peaches. So I will have to see if I can find some other ones for next time I try it. Also, I conducted an experiment a few weeks ago. From what I learned I would guess you have about 2 gallons more milk around the house with out me there. Apparently I can down 2 gallons of milk in a week easy. 

We are in a car share and Elder Smith does drive. We have the car every week Monday-Thursday. The rest of the time we bike! Woot woot! There was a Saturday a little while back that we rode about 30 miles. It was a great day. We also biked up the biggest hill in our area that day. It is even a pretty good size one. 

So we have a member that is staying in the same apartment complex as us and we are always in the gym at the same time in the mornings so last week he decided that he would write up a workout program for me and my companion. He asked us what our physical goal is so right now he has me working on running. He says that he thinks he can get my 5k time down to 18 minutes. So that would be awesome! I am excited to see how that goes. 
I don't think I mentioned it last week but I have been on my mission for officially 2 months last Tuesday. It is pretty crazy. I often think that things seem to be going so fast! But at the same time I look at it from a different angle and it is all so slow. Though it is all great! So I can't complain. :)

Love you all!
Elder Dane Olsen

P.S. Elise and mom. You need to communicate. Haha I gotta know what Isaac did to his hand and how bad it is. Elise just mentioned he had cut it pretty bad and said that mom would probably tell me more about it. Well all I know is he cut his hand bad. I got Dads package a little while back. Thank you so much for the For The Strength of Yous and especially for my leatherman. It pretty much made my day! 

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...