Hello!
This week has (as usual) had its ups and downs. For three days this
week Elder Smith was pretty sick so we couldn't go out and work. Which
really stunk. But the other days when we were able to go out were
pretty awesome!
So you remember the lady that I have talked about some that has been
investigating the church? Well her name is K, and she is awesome!
She wasn't able to meet with us this week, but she made it to church!
She loved it and her son loved primary. It was so great to finally
have an investigator at church. She is planning on going to the wards
trucker treat Tuesday and meeting with us this week. She is so ready
for the gospel, but at the end of this week she is gone for a month.
:P But I have full confidence that she will continue investigating
when she gets back. I hope I am around for it, transfers are next week
so I should know by next p-day. I hope to stay in the area, I am
loving it here, and I most likely will stay here. So that is good by
me.
So I am not really sure what else to write about, like I said we spent
a lot of time inside this week. So I have a question for everyone.
What do you like hearing about a mission the most? What should I write
more about? What should I write less about? Let me know!
I finessed the Book of Mormon a little while ago so I am starting at
the beginning again, and I found something very interesting. We often
think that doing member missionary work is bringing up the gospel in
the first conversation that we have with someone. So I learned
something about how member missionary work can be done from Nephi and
his brothers. They do something interesting when they go back to get
Ishmael and his family. In 1 Nephi 7:4 it says "And it came to pass
that we went up unto the house of Ishmael, and we did gain favor in
the sight of Ishmael, insomuch that we did speak unto him the words of
the Lord." It says that first they gained favor in the sight of
Ishmael, that is the very first thing they did. Once they gained a lot
of favor in his sight they were able to share the gospel. But not
until they had become good friends. How cool is that? It is such an
amazing way to think about missionary work.
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Dane Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment