I think I am supposed to be learning something. Because it keeps coming up, again and again. Life is all about the little miracles. Week after week goes by, we do what we can, but we often don't see results. Which kinda stinks. Though there are always little miracles. Things that I believe many people would look over and not consider them miracles. This week it all happened Saturday. We were actually helping a member out with her garage sell for a good part of the day. It was pretty fun, we hung out and talked and had a good time, and we also talked to people that came to the garage sell. The first miracle, one of this members neighbors came over and said "Hey Elders, can I get some help?" He isn't a member and we were all surprised when he called us Elders. It turns out that they were moving not to long ago and his wife was really pregnant and they hadn't gotten anyone to help them move. There were some elders in the area and they saw them and ended up helping move the rest of the way. They are still super grateful for that and then we helped them move a couch into their house and he insisted on making a donation to the church. (It sounded like the other elders had made it apparent that they wouldn't take pay.) Since we didn't really have any other option we took the money from him and donated it as fast offerings. They were super nice and said that if we ever needed a ride or anything like that to call them. So we are hoping to be able to start teaching them. Then another lady came to the garage sell and was looking around and then she says "I didn't even notice the missionaries are here too." She thought we were JW's but we straightened her out there. We talked for a while and she talked about how it was hard to be a single mom with a kid and she has been looking for somewhere to go to church, but the ones she has been too don't have a very friendly feel. She is looking for more of a family type thing. Kinda like a ward family. Basically she had just been looking for the church. :) We are also hoping to get over to teach her soon too. She is so I awesome I am excited. At the end of the garage sell we went through a lot of what the member still had there and I took home quite a few things, including a small ice cream maker. Score! So we are going to be making ice cream soon! I'm excited about that too.
Thanks so much mom for letting me know what happened with Isaac. Isaac, don't do that, it looks like it hurts! Another thing about conference, it just didn't feel right to go without deviled eggs. Something was just missing. Though I guess that is mostly april conference.
Now for a funny story. My bike hasn't been lasting as well as I thought it would... Kinda a problem. I guess I should have made a better inspection before sending it out. Well my front tire's side wall started bulging and ripping out so we replaced that tire with an extra that Elder Smith had. Then my back tire started to go too. It wasn't to bad though and I forgot to get a new tire when we had the chance during our car half of the week.(Because all of the stores are a ways away from our area.) The side wall got worse and so I was planning on taking my tire off that night and finding a way to make it last with some duct tape. I didn't get the chance to though. When we were on our way home it blew out. There was nothing we could do for it so we locked up our bikes and started walking to the store (it was gonna be about a two mile walk) a truck pulled over and asked if we wanted a ride. It so happened to be the Eichelbergers. We were very grateful, but the truck was just a little f150 with a single bench and no back seat so we just rode in the back down the highway. It was good fun. :) We got to the store and got out and sister Eichleberger said that her son was on his way home and would be going past the store so he picked us up, bought us dinner, and then we picked up our bikes and he gave us a ride home. Members are fantastic!
Well, that's all folks! Love ya!
Elder Dane Olsen
Mom note:
Isaac cut his hand on a bike seat lever. Could have needed stitches but we treated it with salve and it has healed beautifully.
No comments:
Post a Comment