Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

10/21/14

 This week was pretty great! Mainly for one reason. Last week I told
you about a lady that we met at the garage sell. Well we called her up
Wednesday to set an appointment with her and she answered (which seems
to be a rare thing for us to have them answer when we call). She was
still excited to meet wih is and we set an appointment with her for
Friday. It's going great so far. Then on Thursday we are at target for
a bathroom stop and we are walking out and there she is! We chatted
for a sec and then we went on our way. It was so awesome. We did meet
with her Friday and we ended up meeting with her at the members house
that the garage sell was at. The lesson went fantastic! She just wants
everything that the gospel has to offer. We committed her to be
baptized and to come to church. We haven't had hardly anyone at church
yet so that was exciting to. Anaheim actually didn't make it to church
because something came up, but she did really want to and I am sure
that we will get her there his next week. I am so excited to finally
have someone that is ready for the gospel and will actually meet with
us so they can make progress.
I don't think I have mentioned it but right now I am actually in the
nicest apartment in the mission (even the office senior missionaries
said so). It has been great! It is always nice to be in a nice place.
Though we have a really ugly dinner table. It doesn't match at all
with the rest of the apartment. So it makes the table look even
crapyer then it is. So Elder Smith and I decided to change that. So we
sanded it off last p-day and painted it. It is pretty legit. Haha we
did a pretty good job. I'll send a picture though we still have one
more chair to paint because we ran out of paint. So you can see some
of the before. Then Elder Smith has been having some trouble with his
front shocks on his bike and we got a parts bike not to long ago so we
switched the shocks over and that was pretty cool.
Elder Smith was a bit of a mechanic back home so we got ourself into
something pretty awesome for p-day today. :) We are replacing the
timing belt on a members car, and replacing one of their engine
mounts. So we will be practically pulling an engine today for p-day. I
am pretty excited, it will be good to get my hands dirty. We'll be
saving the member about a thousand dollars. Which is especially good
because they are a young family.
Well that is about it for this week. I'll let ha know how it goes!

Love you all,
Elder Dane Olsen

P.S. I wrote this yesterday morning because we weren't going to be
able to get to the church for very long hut because of how long it
took us to change the timing belt on the members car we didn't make it
at all. We did finally finish the car though and it is in good running
order.


1 comment:

Lauri said...

Wow! Missionary work, painting, and repairs all in one week. Love the impressive table.

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...