Howdy Y'all!
Another great week here in Ellsworth! I am still loving it and I am finally emailing from a computer instead of my ipad so I will be sending pictures and telling you what they are about.
First off, LOOK! I found a pedal tractor like the one we have! I thought it was pretty great.
The next two pictures are of these wonderful vehicles called Swamp Buggies. They are trucks that someone took the body off of and then welded there own on there so they could be up out of the water. Haha It is quite genius!
There are two pictures of the wonderfully kept roads that are in part of our area. People are always asking us how we made it down the road in a car! I love it, reminds me of going up the mountain.
The other day we got stuck in some sand. The front tires sunk right in and then we were high centered. We got out took a look at it. I decided our best bet was to jack up the car with the jack it has in it and dig out as much sand from underneath as we could with our hands. As we were doing so I found a 2x4 so I dug under one of the tires (Even though it was jacked up as far as the jack would go) and I put the 2x4 in and then I drove it out while Elder Taylor pushed! It was great fun, and it reminded me of home. Haha
Also, I forgot to mention earlier that Elder Garcia did get transferred last Tuesday and he is now serving right next to my last area, so that is cool. Elder Taylor and I were just going to be back to a regular companionship, but then Saturday we got a call and one of the missionaries in my district went home for medical something or other, so now his companion is with us and we are back in a trio! Though now we are covering two areas. Ellsworth ward (of course) and now Viera 1st Ward. So that will be a whole new adventure.
The last picture is just me, Elder Garcia and Elder Taylor taking pictures in the car because we drive a lot. It's good fun, I love driving. :)
So a few weeks ago this member invited us over to a barbecue at his house and he invited a bunch of his friends. One of which is a spray paint artist. These are two pictures that he painted. the palm tree one we watched him do it in under 5 minutes. It was incredible. The second one is Jesus walking on water and he gave us that one. :) It was really cool!
The first two pictures is of J and S, they are a wonderful couple and both have Scottish accents. I love it. Anyways, S got baptized during the summer but Jean just barely got baptized at the end of October, and S baptized her, so that was really neat.
The last one is of F and J L (Jan Louise) and they are the other two that got baptized at the end of October.
They are all awesome and we will be taking two of them to the temple on Wednesday to do baptisms for the dead! I am pretty excited.
This is what it looks like when we go looking for people in Ellsworth. It is great fun! There is a whole section of our area that is all like this and believe it or not there is a good number of people that live on these roads. We found three people that we started teaching that day so that was awesome! We also found this truck (do you see one or two trucks in the picture?) and we found this boat..... It was cool! haha
This is my last district, it was a great 6 weeks!
This is somebodies lawn mowing business..... Now that is what you call a utility van! haha
and this is a turtle that was crossing the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment