Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, November 9, 2015

11.9.15



For all of you that didn't notice that I didn't write last week, good
job skip this first paragraph. ;) For those of you that did notice,
mostly mom. I am very sorry. I was running out of time and I threw
together a quick email and then we left the church and went to hurry
and shop then head to our dinner appointment. By the time that I
realized that the message didn't send for one reason or another we
weren't in wifi and wouldn't be till it was to late to send it. So
basically I meant to send a really short email, but it didn't send and
it was my bad.
Two weeks ago with the three baptisms was awesome! They are all doing
great. It was fantastic to see them take that step. Jean was baptized
and her husband was baptized a few months earlier. They are such an
awesome older couple. It is always a party when we go teach them. It
is also awesome to watch as hey are learning so much and gaining so
much from being members of the church. There is so much that they
don't know yet but they are so excited to learn as much as they can as
they go. That goes for the two brothers that got baptized also,
Francisco and Jean Louis. They are fantastic! They have both talked
about serving a mission! I really hope that they do, that would be
awesome!
This last Saturday was awesome! We had a huge stake activity. It was
called "Family Fun Festival" and basically there was tons of chili and
cornbread, and a ton of activities. Bounce houses, soccer, kick ball,
frisbee golf, obstical courses, a rock climbing wall, and horse back
rides. It was awesome! They had the missionaries come early to help
set up so we were putting up a bunch of chairs out on the grass next
to the stake center. We had to get them all moved over there from the
gym. We had a truck and I got them to use an assembly line and we had
that thing loaded and unloaded pretty quick. It was fun even if it
wasn't 15,000 chairs for pageant. Haha
Yesterday we had two of the members of the Presiding Bishopric come to
church and be the speakers for sacrament meeting. It was really neat
to be able to here from them. Thy came to tour the ranch and meet the
people. I loved some of their advice on making sure we fast in the
best way that we can. He said of course to start with a fast, but in
that prayer to ask God for specific help in feeling the spirit of
fasting. Then throughout the fast each time you feel hungry say a
prayer for the thing that you are fast I for. It is a pretty simple
thing that I know will improve how I fast a lot! I am excited for
December. :)
I am very grateful to be a missionary. It has gotten to the point that
when I honk of when I won't be a missionary anymore and it seems like
a foreign concept. To think that I am going to stop what I am doing
right now is weird. But the thing that gives me comfort is I get to
share the gospel at least for the rest of this life, and I am sure for
much longer then that. It is one of the greatest blessings that God
has given us.

Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...