Hello! Another great week in Ellsworth! I am loving this area so much.
We keep tearing it up, it is great fun. On Saturday we had a recent
convert invite us to his house for a barbecue. He invited a few other
people from his neighborhood and a few from the church. It was
fantastic. He is an excellent cook. The food was great. I love
barbecues. He had some really cool people there. One of them is a
spray paint artist. And his work is amazing. I am going to try and
send some pictures. It was pretty cool.
The work is going well. It is pretty neat here in he ward how well
they know each other. Part of it is that most of the ward works on the
ranch. The members even know a lot of the investigators that the
missionaries have worked with before. Because of all of their great
work we are having three Baptisms this week. J is getting baptized
on Thursday and J L and F (brothers) are both getting
baptized on Friday. It should be a pretty busy week.
Other then that we have been working with some of the investigators
that have been investigating the church for about a year now. We are
hoping to help them progress and praying for hem lots. Two of them are
K and B. They both love coming to church and at this point
they probably know the ward better then we do. K is more or less
good with being baptized but B isn't, because of that K is
reluctant to get baptized with out her. She has some concerns with
Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. One thing that is for sure is
people need to understand Joseph Smith, and most importantly the Book
of Mormon. When they understand that everything else goes as it is
supposed to. The Book of Mormon is so important to what we teach in
every way. It is interesting to notice things that the Book of Mormon
teaches that the bible touches on but says almost nothing. One of
those is the doctrine of the fall of Adam and Eve. The story is in the
bible, but he doctrine simply isn't. If anything it is barely hinted
at. Most churches are good at emphasizing the atonement even if they
don't use that word exactly, they at least understand that we can't do
anything without Christ. Yet they don't understand why that is. The
reason that is is the fall. The fall is what made the atonement
necessary. And we can never understand the atonement until we
understand the fall. It is a much more important doctrine then I ever
thought it was. And the Book of Mormon teaches us so much about it. I
love coming to understand he fall better because of how it increases
my understanding of the atonement .
God loves us so much and he has provided The Way
Elder Dane Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment