Another great week here in Bumby ward! I don't know if y'all remember when I came into this ward but I have been here for about 7 months. Which is pretty long for one area. I am fairly certain that I am going to be transferred next week which is exciting and sad at the same time. It is such a crazy little ward. So many crazy cool families and people. I will definitely miss the place and all the people. I was kinda bummed when I realized yesterday was my last day at church with this ward. On the other hand I am so excited to head somewhere new, with new adventures and lots to learn! It is sure exciting to have the opportunity to move around every once in a while.
Something pretty neat happened yesterday. We have been working with a less active family, the C's, and A turned 8 recently. She didn't get baptized right away because of crazyness with family and all. She also didn't have the best understanding of baptism. We have been working with them a bit here and there since I got here and yesterday A was baptised. Because of a few different things she ended up asking me to baptize her which was my pleasure. It is so neat to see people enter into a covenant with the Lord, whether it be someone who has had no past with the church or someone who was born in it. Everyone is precious to God. It was really great.
The next picture is a beautiful view of downtown Orlando from a members apartment that is on the 19th floor. It was really cool. I will try and get you another picture of it at night.
So there is this awesome guy that has this big old barbecue trailer that he pulls to where he sets up shop with a u-haul pick up. Last week a member gave us some cash to go find dinner because they signed up to feed us but ended up not being able to have us over. So we stopped by and picked up some barbecue. It's hard to tell in the picture but it was piled high and covered in barbecue sauce. Quite possibly my favorite meal that I have had here in Florida. Haha I loved it!
Here is a picture of a huge truck in a grocery store parking lot. As you can see the bed is higher then my head!
I have a few more pictures so I'll send them in another email.
So why pictures of bottles? That's a fair question. To start off there is this sister here in the ward that is a widow and lives by her self. So we went to go and do some service for her this past week. We spread some mulch for her and helped clean out her garage. I've always enjoyed some old quality tools and other random stuff you find when you clean out a garage. There were two good quality axes that I wish I had a use for because if I did she would have given them to me. The thing she did give to me was a "Bottle and Jug Cutter" It is pretty cool. Haha I may be more excited about it then I should be. Ever since I got it I have been cutting any glass bottle I can find. So it is a pretty cool jig that uses a standard glass cutter (I didn't even know you could get one) and a few other pieces of bent metal, screws, and wing nuts. This thing was made by some guy in Washington that liked to tinker in his garage. The best part is that the instructions for it are all written with a type writer and have things like "Now, if you insist on not reading instructions you may skip to VII, but I would really recommend reading this section." And when talking about the scratch that does the cut on the bottle he says "You want it to be a hair line, just barely there. Here we are talking about a red girl hair not the hair of a hippo!" Haha I thought it was pretty funny. Anyways here are some of the pictures of bottles I have cut and made into glasses. The smaller one is a Cholula hot sauce bottle and the other is a spaghetti sauce bottle. Kinda cool. Maybe you just think I am a geek now. Which is ok, Poeple have thought it before. It is a good thing I don't have any time to play with it!
Anyways the Gospel is true, I am still working on the analogy with bottle cutting and how that relates. Maybe next week.
God bless!
Elder Dane Olsen
Here are a few more pictures of us with the other Bumby missionaries.
Jut goofing off last p-day :)
Elder Dane Olsen
Jut goofing off last p-day :)
Elder Dane Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment