Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Friday, October 9, 2015

10.5.15

Conference was fantastic! I loved it. I am pretty sure that conference on the mission is pretty much the best thing ever. I love being able to here from our Heavenly Father's representatives here on earth! It is so fantastic. So many favorite talks and things to apply. I loved the talk about the question. "What lack I yet?" It is a fantastic question. No matter where we are in life it is so easy to get caught up in things that don't matter and eventually will bring our progression to a crawl, possibly even cause some digression. It is so important for us to constantly be asking the question 'What lack I yet?' I have been thinking a lot about this concept for a while now. Since the end of July I have been trying to ask myself every night "What did I do well today? What didn't I do well today? What will I improve on tomorrow?" It is hard. I have missed a ton of days. But it is a really neat thing to be able to do. With the further direction given by this talk I am really excited to keep doing this with a new excitement. 
Transfers are pretty crazy this go around. I have just finished training Elder Grigg, so I basically already knew I am being transferred. Because of the nature of the assignment President told me yesterday where I am going and what I am going to be doing. (We don't usually find out where we are going to or who we are going to be with till we are at a meeting with our packed bags.) So, as you can guess this next transfer is going to be quite the challenge. First of all I am going to be opening an area, which I am totally pumped for! It is an area we call E (sound familiar Peter?) It is on the ranch! It should be pretty crazy cool. The even crazier thing is that I will be opening the area with the help of two brand new missionaries! They got to Florida today. So pretty pumped to meet them tomorrow. I am also kinda blown away. Which brings me to my weekly scripture. 1 Nephi 4:6-7 
"6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.
 Nevertheless I went forth"
Basically, I have no idea what this next week is going to be like. It is gonna be crazy and I am going to NEED to be led by the Spirit. There really won't be a choice, which in a lot of ways is really nice. 
Well, definitely keep me in your prayers and you all are in mine. 

Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...