Hello!
So this week has been really good. Missions are sure neat experiences.
This last Wednesday we had interviews with President, and tell you
what, it was great! For the first part of my mission I didn't really
realize how neat it is to meet with president and how cool he is. He
is a great man and I learn a lot every time I get to speak with him.
This last time I was able to share some personal things about the
lessons I have learned on my mission thus far. As I was talking with
him one powerful thing I was explaining that I hadn't been able to put
in words quite as well is the lesson that I don't have to follow, but
I can be led. It is a very powerful thing to me. So often in life we
are followers. We tend to go with the flow. We are heavily influenced
by those around us. Following is not always a bad thing, but it easily
can be. So I have decided from here on out I don't need to follow, but
I can choose to be led. Who we follow is a big deal, because wherever
they are going we are following them there. That is why it is so
important to choose to be led by those who will help you get to where
you want to be.
This Ward has been pretty great. I have really enjoyed getting to know
the people here. Because we have only one set of missionaries here in
the Ward they do a really good job at feeding us each night, which is
great by me.
We have this investigator named Sarah. She is really great, though she
hasn't been progressing like we would like to help her to be. One
thing we really want for her is to make it to church. We talked a lot
with her about it this week. In one of our lessons with her this week
we just had a super straightforward talk with her. We talked about how
she hasn't made it to church yet and how we really want her there for
her own benefit. We told her about the great blessings in store if she
comes to church. It was a really spirit filled lesson. We were able to
come up with a plan with her to get her to church involving her meeting
some more members and us giving her a wake up call Sunday morning.
After all of this she still didn't make it to church. It was really
sad. She had the desire, she wants the blessings, she wants to be
closer to Christ. There is only so much we can do, we will be working
hard this week to get her to church to.
Another thing with Sarah. We had another lesson this last week that
was just crazy! It was her, her teenage daughter, Danshel, and Sarah's
friend Felicia. We didn't get much in. There was too much preaching
going on! Haha Danshel had some questions about Jesus and Felicia was
explaining how he was perfect and it was getting intense! She was
about yelling. It was pretty obvious that she had been to some church
quite a bit and whatever church it was they had some fire! It was
lots of fun. Sarah gave the closing prayer and while she was praying
Felicia was singing over and over again "Hallelujah". Elder Oxborrow
and I were both loving it and at some point in the prayer Elder
Oxborrow decides to get in on the action and says "mhmm!" It was was a
really fun experience. Haha People are just great! You had to be there
to fully understand how amazing was! Haha
Praise the Lord!
Elder Dane Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment