Debbie
Washington Yakima
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
4.11.16
So we had a great week this week. We are getting a better grip on the
ward and we have been able to see a lot of people which is fantastic!
One of he people is this guy named Adam hat we met during conference.
He was baptized when he was about ten but he is in his their thirtys
now. He doesn't remember hardly anything about the church but he knows
he needs to get back into it. It is so amazing to talk with him about
the gospel and see him light up. He is so excited about it all and the
changes we are helping him make. It is incredible!
So, this last week I have been reading from Mosiah when King Benjamin
is giving his speech. It is some super cool chapters! The thing that
has been fun is as I have been reading different cheaters throughout
the Book of Mormon I have been marking it in colors that correlate to
each of the missionary lessons. The thing that really sticks out to me
is how all of the gospel can be taught in between the 5 missionary
lessons. It is pretty incredible how the lord has laid out his gospel
from the very simple things to the more complex and yet it is all
still plain and simple things. It is definitely something that is
amazing to me.
I am trying really hard to think of more things to say, but I am
drawing a blank. Sorry, I hope you all have a great week! The church
is true!
Elder Dane Olsen
Here is my companions letter. He wrote a bit more. :)
Elder Dane Olsen
This week was a loooonnnggggg, haaaarrrrdddd and work filled beautiful
week. It's been so great to be up and going again. So this week
was filled with driving around because that's what we do when you're
full car you don't have time to bike. Sad thing is I'll probably go
back to a car share within the next few months and when I do my bum
probably won't be to happy for a few days like at the start of my
mission. Anyways that doesn't matter because for now I have a car and
who cares about that the future holds.
To my week!
We saw A LOT of people... Mostly we've been trying to see and get to
know all the people that the sisters in our ward we're teaching and to
be brutally honest trying to decide which ones actually to teach.
Because cramming a good number of people from both areas into 6 and a
half 12 hour days plus time to find can be super hard. But we were
able to have a pretty cool week mostly due to the fact that we were
finally able to come into contact again with one of our investigators
that was on date These last few weeks we couldn't get ahold of David
which is this gators name. Anyways we've tried everything calling
stopping by with nothing. So we decided to stop by one more time and
if nothing then we'd drop him. Well we had planed to have a lesson
with someone close to him, but they cancelled and if we wanted to see
David we'd be using a good amount from our daily allotment so we were
between a rock and a hard spot. Eventually we went and it was good
we did because he was home and apparently he he got his phone stolen
and got a new number which he gave us his new one and he back to
having us over and making time for us. Also after we saw David he
prayed in Indian I can't remember which language so it's going to be
Indian for now. Well with that and a lot of different other things
that I can't remember was pretty much my week. And we were able to
teach a sick chastity lesson to a couple that was living together
other then that and having a good old time with Olsen I'm loving life.
Until we meet again
Elder Oxborrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment