So up here in Deland is great! It's been great so far. So as I said
last week I am companions with Elder Oxborrow again and it has been a
ball! We are having a lot of fun. I am really excited to get things
moving in this area. When I got here I found out yay they had just
takin the sisters out of the ward so instead of having Elders and
sisters each covering half the ward. So we are covering the whole ward
now and it should keep us very busy. I am pretty excited. And I am
also very grateful to be in a full car area again. Though I should
probably start running in the mornings. Haha
Anyways I loved conference, it was great! It is so neat to get the
chance to listen to so many inspired men and women. There is a quote
from President Uchtdorf that I loved. He said "Obedience is the
process by which we find out what we are made of." It is a really
interesting idea. I had never thought of that in that way. It is
interesting what that means for each of us in our lives. We are all
literally our Heavenly Fathers children. We have a divine heritage.
That is where each of us come from. We come from our all knowing all
powerful Father. The only way we are going to realize what we truly
are made of is if we strive to become like our Heavenly Father, and
that is what he wants for us. He has given us the instructions to do
so. His commandments, we just need to follow his commandments and
being obedient. It is pretty cool! I hope y'all were able to enjoy
conference too!
Elder Dane Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment