Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, November 25, 2025

11.24.26 You've got 12 mans

OK GANGGGG 
THIS WEEK WAS CRAZYY 
Such a long week but also a very good one. 
Diving in πŸ§œ‍♀️🏊‍♀️

We had an EXCHANGE, very exciting, we witnessed a car crash and proceeded to watch like dads from our bench outside a cafe. Don't worry, everyone was all right. The rest of the exchange was a blast, kinda a weird day, but no biggie, we bounce back.
 
The title of my email comes from an elder who was letting me know that if any homeless men attack us, we'll be ok πŸ™πŸ™Œ


Ok, remember Estefany?? Our referral from our elders??? Well, we've literally met with her 5 times in the last week and a half. She is so locked in, it's incredible. She opened up to us about how she had finally prayed to God for help, and then the next da,y we came knocking on her door. She teared up and told us it's because God wanted her to chat with us. We then got to tell her about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how we were led to come to her door that day. She was completely baffled to think her Heavenly Father cared so much; it was so tender. We gave her a Church tour, and then she came to church this Sunday!!! So hype she was so cute. When the sacrament was getting passed around I passed it to her, and she asked if she could take it and I looked at her and said, “Esta bien,” and she smiled and took it. It just warmed my heart that she wanted to participate in the sacrament. And you're not gonna believe it, guys, but it was literally her birthday, and she decided to spend it at church with us. πŸ₯Ή She's 20! 

We had a Sisters devotional, and it was ⚡️Stranger Things ⚡️ themed, very silly, but so fun. (Reference google photos for evidence⬇️)
 
We have had some crazy days this week. Thursday, we only had 10 minutes for lunch, and we then hit the road for 8 more hours. It was wild. God is working some mighty miracles, it gets even better.
That night, we finally had a lesson with Lalo! He was my first friend who came to church since I started my mission. His 6th grandbaby was born *everyone says “awww” sooo we had to take a little break while he was out of town. BUT we finally got a lesson set up, and we had an amazing member join us. And we planned to go over the restoration, but we were following up on the 5 principles of the gospel, and we once again talked about different times we have been guided by the Holy Ghost. And this man starts pinpointing all the different ways he has been guided to la iglesia de Jesucristo and how he knows it's because this is where God wants him. He literally said it's not us, it's God. Soooo with some spirit-led conversation, we were able to help him commit to a baptismal date!!! ✨️ 12 de Diciembre✨️ everyone, please pray for Lalo! He is such a king. 

Another crazy thing from this week that I would like to address is….. that girls can now serve missions at age 18?!?!? This took me for a loop, let me tell ya. But as I was feeling a bit betrayed as I read the post from the first presidency, (mind you, if any of you know, I seriously wanted to go serve right out of high school), I started to think of where I would be if I had left right out of high school and everything else, but then the second thought was this 
D&C 90
“24 Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.”
All things will work together for our good. That means whatever the circumstance, God will use it for our benefit. This means that if the age had changed before I left, God would make that work for my good. That since it didn't, God is making it work for my good! That I was able to experience so many things last year, and my testimony grew so much. But if I could have left earlier, God still would have worked it for my good. I'm talking to all my Sisters out there who might have had similar feelings this last week. Please know that God is so aware of you, and he is creating an experience meant completely for your good. God needs his girls. He always has. But he's telling us he needs us NOW. So this is my invitation to anyone thinking about serving a mission. Know that God needs YOU individually, with all your imperfections.

So continue to pray always.
Be believing. 
Hold strong to the covenants you have made. Love you neighbor 
And love your Heavenly Father. 
Because let me testify that he loves us first
He gave his only begotten Son for us; our job now is to tell the world about Him πŸ«Ά

Go eat some extra pie for me this week πŸ₯§πŸŒ«πŸ‚πŸͺΎ

Te amo! 

♡/ Hermana Olsen 









No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...