Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Friday, December 5, 2025

12.4.25 I hit a Christmas tree with my car...

 

Ok gang

This week was literally the wildest week yet….

Get hyped


First off…. I HIT 4 MONTHS AS A MISSIONARYYYYY 🤸‍♀️🤠🙌 

which also means this was my last week being in training…. 🥺 so i suppose its safe ti say I'm all grown. (I'm actually not sure if I could redo training, I would and could learn and do everything I should have been locked in on doing) But I actually wouldn't change anything. I've been so blessed with an incredible district and an amazing literally 10/10 compy. Hermana Gallion is going home 🏡 so crazy. I'm gonna miss her big. But to say the least, we painted the town green this week. (Meaning we got to teach literally all our friends and it was incredible) hashtag living life to the fullest hashtag gonna miss my mother hashtag everyone pray for me 


Anyway, jumping in ⬇️ 

Starting off very excitingly with THANKSGIVING. It was very hype the district put together a little everyone says “turkey bowl” it wasn't real football we just threw it around like a frisbee. Very exciting stuff. 

We got invited to a cutie old couple for dinner along with 11 other missionaries. And it was so fun. After dinner, we were all just sitting about on the ground and couch just chatting, while an elder played some soft Christmas songs on the piano behind us. And I realizing in that moment that I was SO happy. I was full of good food. Surrounded by people I love and who love me in a random place in central Washington, and it felt just like home. It strange how things changed when you choose to love. So feeling extra grateful this week for all God's given me. Pov Gods favorite right here 🙋‍♀️


We had an incredible few lessons with LALO this week. If you all remember him, he's on date to be baptized next weekend! We started off strong by finishing teaching about the restoration. And we asked him if he would pray to know the truth of what we taught him and gain a witness through the Holy Ghost. He literally looked at us and was like I already know it's true a través del Espíritu Santo. We sat there a little dumb founded. 

We had another lesson with Lalo after church on Sunday and a member walked by and invited us and him to dinner that night. Lalo said yes, and so we were hyped. We met back up after a few hours at the member's home. It was so cozy, and turns out it was their family's full postponed Thanksgiving dinner. We all sat down, and it was beautiful, and the family was so tender. Lalo was sitting at the end of the table, just looking down. He asked if he could take a photo, to remind himself to remember God put him on the right path. I literally almost cried. I saw in that moment what the Gospel does for people who truly want it. The most impactful thing it does is help remind individuals that God is so aware of them. That there is a home for anyone and very one in the church of God. I am forever grateful to the willing members who helped my friend feel God's love. 


Alsoooo transfers are happening, I'm staying in the same area!! So happy. And I'm getting not only one new companion but TWO. #triolifeherewecome. So stay tuned here about todos! 

I love being a missionary. It's the most random work one will ever do. But let me testify that the joy you find is not like anything else. My heart wanted to burst so many times this week because God is so good. 


Go worship our Lord a little more this week. Listen to a Christmas song about him and realize that there is nothing better than realizing the spirit of Christmas is the light of Christ. 

I love you all

God is aware of you 🩷


♡/ Hermana Olsen 



No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...