Oh my family!
How are you?! Thats so great Lindsay is leaving! I was
wondering if she left yet or not. How awesome she`ll get to go the
Guatemala MTC to, thats exciting. She´s gonna learn so much! I am so
excited for her, she is gonna be an amazing missionary.
Thats so great that the kitchen floor is refinished, I know thats
something you`ve been hoping for for awhile, congratulations! Dad is
so good to you! I am so happy for you, and I can`t wait to see all the
changes! You painted the apartment, the kitchen is changing, what more
is going to change before I come home??
Its crazy to think people are coming home, I was wondering if Rachel
bISHOP was home yet, and Ashley Case?? And Caitlin Miller, is she
gonna be home soon? and its awesome that others are heading out. Its
crazy to think about coming home. Hermana THorpe and I decided that
we`re never going to go home, the mission is just my life now, and it
doesn`t feel like it will ever end :) And neil is gonna be home so
soon too! ITs crazy! Does Jaiden have a mission call yet, or Andrew,
or have we convinced Jena to go on a mission yet? What else is
happening there. Is it time for Pagent sign ups? Are you all gonna
participate? Is anyone getting married? Thanks for all the updates.
Ya, it would be awesome to be able to use my card. I think I`m going
to buy a scarf and a hat, some members last night told us that its
gonna me colder and longer this winter then it was last year, and I`ve
heard stories from last year that it was pretty bad. its a little cool
this morning, i`m wearing my cardigan and tights, and it makes me
happy!
Thanks mom for sharing your insights. I have been trying to learn how
to strengthen my faith, I wrote down the scriptures and hopefully will
be able to read them tomorrow. And Peter is so awesome too. What a
great experience.
We found a new investigator that is awesome! Her name is J., and
she lives in part of our area that we don`t know very well yet.
Avaroa, but she is great. She is evangelist?? And normally we just
avoid people like that because they are super firm and super don`t
want to change, but she said taht she feels good there, but like
something is missing. Hopefully we can help her to fill this hole in
her life. We just taught the first lesson with her, and she seemed
really receptive. We have another appointment with her this wednesday.
We also had training last week with President and Hna Calderon, and
its pretty intense. We talk about how to teach something, then we
practice in front of everyone, like 4 zones. We practice asking
inspired questions, and using the book of momron, and all sorts of
stuff, and President Calderon is pretty hard. If we ask a quesion that
isn`t going to help us, we start over. BUt hes nicer to the Hnas. Its
really good, and it teaches us to be humble. It is so important to
truly seek instruction and truly seek to be better. THere is no room
for pride in this work. We also practiced hard core in our District
meeting, and hopefully we`re getting better.
The biggest trial that we have in teaching is that the people don`t
understand why they need this gospel, why they need to be baptized in
this church. They think if they go to church and we all worship the
same God, its all good. We don`t need to worry about anything. They
all say, I have Jesus in my heart, why dont you find someone who
doesn`t. Its is so hard to tell them, actually you canj`t be saved in
your church. You don`t have the necessary authority. Its good to
remember GOd always, but there are some essential steps that we
absolutely must take in this life to be able to live with God again,
and we can only enter the straight and narrow way through baptism and
receiving the HOly Ghost by someone who has the authority of GOd. If
anyone has any advice or really awesome scriptures that makes this
super clear, please tell me!
The ward is planning a talent show, and they told us that we have to
do a number! aaaa! We don`t know what to do. We`re thinking a skit or
something, but we don`t know how to be funny in SPanish, I^m also
looking for ideas for this, its gonna be the 4 of June, so the sooner
the better :) Or i can just hope i get transferred.... but hopefully
not. haha
Mom! Have you had teh chance to send those recipes yet? My Pensionista
is gonna ask me today again... funeral potatoes. THanks so much!
Also, the truth is that our numbers stink this week! I don`t know what
is happenning, but we`ve got to improve. We really need to find people
to teach, the chosen, the elect. I know the field is white and ready
to harvest, but I think my harvester is broken ;) We`re praying,
fasting, and working, and hopefully we can continue to improve every
day.
I love you all, I know the church is true. I am so so so grateful for
your prayers, support, and your letters. THey make me so happy. I love
you all lots and lots and lots.
Love
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment