OH man, hello my family!! I can`t believe summer is starting for you
already! How fun! Dane congrats on the angel moroni, that will be so
much fun! Don`t go crushin on your cape girl :) Ya, I think one of my
angel moroni`s is married and the other... I have no idea. Lindsay
probably knows... or knew.. haha i can`t believe shes in the mission
too! Crazy! Nina! Welcome to my family! Congratulations on being Mary,
that will be so awesome, you`re gonna love it! I am super excited for
you! Keep taking care of my family, and enjoy pageant season, its one
of my favorite seasons of the whole year! Dane, you`re surgery is
after pageant is all finished? that worked out good if so. Another
surgery, but it shouldn`t put you out for to long right? When is
Nauvoo, July? Oh man, i loved nauvoo, I hope i get to go back someday.
I don`t know how dad is gonna set up pageant without pete and I, I
ddin`t even know it was possible :) Let me know how it goes.
NEIL NEIL NEIL!!! I can`t believe he`s home! Pretty sure Hna Thorpe
and I talked about him everyday this week. Second to last day in the
mission, last day in the mission, maybe he`s eating with his mission
president, in the plane, has he seen his family yet? He`s in his home,
hopefully he got his ribs and foot massage! haha we thought about him
a ton, thats so crazy hes home, right in time for pageant and
everything, que suerte! I wish I could`ve been there for his
homecomig, i`m sure it was amazing. We thought about you all yesterday
afternoon too, eating together adn everything. How fun. I just love
all my family so much! Do you have pictures?? I`d love to see!
Wow its so crazy that life just keeps moving along for all of you.
Elise, thanks for writing! You have some crazy plans, you`re moving so
far away! Sad. haha But that will be so much fun, up in the mountains,
close to natalie, you kids can be friends. HOw long do you think
you`ll be in Idaho? I`d love to hear all about everything! You are
going to do such an amazing job with the Nephi Stake Girls camp, I am
so excited for all of those girls. You are amazing Elise, and have so
much to share and teach them. I remember that blog post, i balled.
Just pray a lot, read your scriptures everyday, and the Holy Ghost
will guide you. I loved the talk by Elder Bednar about receiving
revelation this last conference, and how when we do all that we can,
we are guided by the spirit, sometimes even without noticing. I`m
learning that with Christ I can do hard things, because a mission is
pretty much the hardest thing i`ve ever done in my life. But I think
its the hard things that are the best things too. We could never learn
or grow without them. I don`t have any inspriing words or anything,
but you`re gonna be great. I wish I could be there to hear it all.
I`ll keep thinkin about it and let you know :)
Bueno, la misiòn is great! This week we prayed a lot to have more
excitement about the work and everything, and its amazin how the Lord
helps us, in even the little things. Finally we are finding people
that are going to progress, we hope! We had 4 investigators in church
yesterday! So exciting! None of them stayed for all of it, but they
said they liked it and we have appointments with all of them this
week, if we don`t get transferred! Its transfers this week already, i
can`t even believe it. This cambio went by insanely fast. I don`t know
where the time goes. I really hope i don`t get trasnferred, I feel
like there is still so much more to do. Our area is HUGE and there are
neighborhoods i haven`t even walked yet. And Hermana thorpe and I are
working together better everyday.
Friday, May 27 was MOther`s day here in Bolivia. I think its only here
in BOlivia that its different, but it was awesome. Its May 27 because
there was a war a long time ago where th emen couldn`t go to fight,
and the women fought for them, or something like that, so they honor
the women this day. Its pretty big here, they don`t have school, and
every women has the day off of work and everything. Hermana Thorpe and
I haven`t gotten to know some of the members really well, and we have
some investigators taht are mom`s and we wanted to give them
something. We decided rice crispies are quick, easy, and you can make
it on a stove. We went to the store to find marshmallows and cereal,
but there weren`t any marshmallows or ricecrispìes, to key
ingredients... we decided we could make it with corn flakes, and went
to buy some marshamllows from one of the fruit venders. These people
sell fruit, and marshamallows in bags. We bought two big bags, of what
they told us were marshmallows... and well... I think they were a form
of marshmallows... but super weird. Like styrofoamie,... weirdness. We
made them and they were a little ugly, but we kept eating them, and
decided to deliver them anyways. Haha I don`t think anyone ate them...
but its the thought that counts right? haha it was fun.
Well, I know the church is true. I am learning so much! THe book of
mormon is SO awesome. We have to read it every four months, as
amission rule, and it is so cool to read it fast like this. 5 pages
everyday. I learn so much. STudy time is never long enough. The gospel
is amazingly simple, and it all makes perfect sense. I love you all.
Thanks for being so amazing. Thanks for your support, and your
prayers. Keep living the gospel, its the happiest way to live!
Love ya lots!
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
2 comments:
wow you go girl you taught alot of peeps an you don; T HAVE TO read it to no.
This last comment was from Garret. He wanted you to know that it's great that you are teaching so many people.
Post a Comment