And I am still waiting on the other part, that He`ll make them stronger.
This week was cambios, I can`t believe another cambio went by again.
Hermana Broome left me and went to San Pedro and Braniff - my old
area. and ........ I`m training. I can`t believe it. I definitely
wasn`t expecting it. I feel like there`s a million other hermanas that
would could do it so much better then me. Thursday I went to meet and
welcome my new little companerita. Shes great. Her name is Hermana
Iquise, and she is from Oruro - here in bolivia. Its part of the
Bolivia la paz mision. She is an awesome missionary with lots of new
ideas, and excitement - fresh from the Peru MTC. They have changed a
lot of things since I was in the MTC. Basically there are 8 main
principles that we are going to focus on. There is an awesome program
for trainers. Creo que hermana Barton explained a lot of it in one of
her letters. We read, study, watch parts of the district, and then we
practice, always with our current investigators in mind. Its gonna be
awesome, I think I`m going to learn a load of things. It is an
insanely humbling experience. But luckily I have some awesome district
and zone leaders that are helping me out.
We found an awesome family this week. Well hermana broome and i found
them and we visited them this week. They are parents, and two kids
that are gonna get baptized! They are from Cochabamba and they are
awesome. When they lived in Cochabamba the elders visited them. They
wanted to get baptized but couldn`t because they weren t married. Now
they are! When they went they showed us pictures of when they went on
a tour of the temple grounds, their legacy movie that they bought, and
they all remembered how to pray and everything. The mom told us before
we could even say anything "I want to be baptized, we're married now ,
and its my time" When we asked them to be baptized it was for December
18, and that dad said why not in January? Then I had thought, why not
for Christmas? I asked them what they would like to give to Jesus
Christ for Christmas, they said a prayer. I just told them that it
would be an awesome gift to give him the gift of accepting His
atonement in their lives and being baptized. The dad got all excited
and said, ya! Can all my kids get baptized?! We explained the age of
accountability, and four of them are gonna be baptized. One of their
daughter is a member already, and she s gonna move here this week to
help them. I truly feel like we have found an amazing family, that God
has truly prepared to accept and live the gospel. They are awesome.
Its a miracle that we found them too. Hermana broome and I were
running all over the place Saturday, not really talking to anyone,
getting ready for the baptism. We passed a woman on the street and hna
broome told me that we needed to turn around to talk to her. So we
went back. And it was this family. It really is amazing how God
directs our paths, and helps to find the elect. I am so grateful to be
here on a mission. Miracles are still happening.
Mom, the final judgement? We had that lesson yesterday, but we didn`t
listen, we went around to all the organizations to invite them to
give us referells. But there is a quote by elder eyring that talked
about I think about that the final judgement isn`t just our actions
that we did, but its who we have become in the end. Its like that talk
you sent me, its if we`ve learned heaven or not. But I really love
studying the plan of salvation, so maybe I`ll study it a little more
Mary margadalene? I`m not sure. It would be fun to study more about
her. So much to study, so little time.
I love you all and Hope yo u have an awesome thanksgiving. Eat some
yummy pie for me! and some rolls. Hmmm... I`ll be thinking about all
that yummy food. And maybe we`ll sing a thanksgiving hymn :)
I think i have enough vitamin supplements to last for my whole entire
mision! I`promise to let you know if they start getting low.
Thanks for everything. YOur prayers, loves and support. If anyone has
some training advice - i`m all ears. We`re gonna be together for 2
transfers.... Love ya all lots and lots!
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment