Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Emily says Happy Spring! 11.2.11

Sounds like life just keeps going on. Elise, thats so great that your
gonna stick around in the middle of nowhere for awhile. I can`t wait
till i can go visit you all and see what its like to live on a ranch.
I loved reading petes leter to dane, he talks like a hick, and it
makes me happy. Hey! Happy anniversary Elise and John, I thought of
you both, and even announced it in our district meeting that it was
your anniversary :) Its also been a year since I received my mission
call, time is going by SO fast!

Thanksgiving in Idaho, huh? You`re gonna eat pies, right? Except Elise
and mom, if your still not eating sugar. Hna broome and I talked about
pies the other day, pecan pie... mmmm haha Lindsay wrote me a dear
elder! She is an amazing girl, and I just love her like crazy! Whats
Shandi doing? I`ve decided thats probably one of my worst fears, that
i`ll get sick and they`ll send me home. I`m wanna come home, but not
yet! Not till July, esta bien? :)

Well this week has been awesome. Full of ups and downs and all around,
but awesome. Wednesday we went to visit B nieve, I think I might
have told you about her the other day. She is the wife of an inactive
member. We had taught her teh restoration and book of mormon and when
we went back she had read 1 nephi 1, twice! She had prayed about it
and knew it was true. We taught her the las of chastity and baptism,
and asked if she was willing to get married before nov 19 so that she
could be baptized nov 19. She responded "do you think i could get
married and baptized the same day?" I laughed and said we could
probably work that out. We went back to cvisit her again and askedif
she had talked to her husband. She said yes, and that they had decided
to get married November 19, so that she could be baptized that same
day. As she told us a great big silly smile completely engulfed my
face. I couldn`t believe it. I seriously was at a loss of words, i
couldn`t stop saying thats so great! I am so happy for you, thats so
great! yay yay yay! haha Hna broome finally cut me off so we could
start teaching the plan of salvation. haha She is a gift from God. As
we were finishing we asked waht she was willing to do this week so she
could one day livein the celestial kingdom. She said "i`m going to
read my scriptures, pray, and go to church." aaa ya, perfect answer.
It is such a blessing to be teaching her, she is truly one of the
elect that God has prepared. She said that she has always wondered
about the church, but the elders always walked so fast she never felt
like she could talk to them. And no one ever invited her to go to
church with them. It mademe think. Wow. how many people are just
itching to talk to us, but we`re walking so fast that can`t. Or how
many people want to come to church, but no one will invite them. It is
so important that we INVITE EVERYONE! that we talk to everyone! There
are people yearning for the gospel, we have what they need, adn we
have got to share it with them. ANyways, awesome experiences with her.

Thursday night we went to vist Ad, he had a baptismal date for 19
de oct.He told us that he didn`t feel ready to be baptized and didn`t
want to be baptized this Saturday. We basically told him he  needed to
do it. We read Mosia 18 that says if you have desires to serv e God,
and your fellow men, comfort thoughs that stand in need of comfort and
all that then you should be baptized! We asked ifhe had these desires
and he said "yes,....but.." and I may have cut him off mid sentence
and told him no importa the buts, what is your desire? haha We were
pretty direct with him and when weleft we asked him to read about
Enos, and then pray like Enos prayed.

He had told us that he was afraid  of being baptized and then sinning
agian. Ad is an awesome guy, that used to be a drunk. He talked to
Hna Broome and Hna Ortz one day and said that he wanted them to visit
him nad his family. They started visiting them, but after two weeks
they hadn`t gone to church so hna broome and hna ortiz dropped them.
Then a few weeks later their whole family showed up at church -
miracle! they started teaching them again and they had a baptismal
date in sept. Adolfo drank the night before and couldn`t be baptizaed,
but arlena, his wife was baptized!

arlena is an amazing memver of teh church with a strong testimony. She
came with us to an appointment and bore testimony of how she knew the
church is true. she reads her book of momorn every day,prays with her
family, and received a calling on Sunday. Primary secreatry. She is
amazing and inspires me.

But ad still has had some problems withthe word of wisdom. When I
came to this area we visited him and it was great. Bishop sanchez came
with us and adolfo chose his ownbaptismal date, oct 29. he said he
wanted to be baptized before his mom came to visit. We asked him the
last timehe had a beer andhe said it had been several weeks. Bishop
sanchez gave him a blessing andi was super excited.

Wepve been visiting him all of hte time that i`ve been here. A week
before the baptism he told us that he drank again.He said it wasnp`t
very much but that he felt miserable. We talked to him, told him we
were sad but that he could repent and not do it again.,I felt like it
went well. Ad had his interview for his baptism sunday night, and
they came out of the interviewexcited and adolfo said he was goingto
fight for his family.

We had plans to vist him every day this week andthings were going good
until thursday when he told us he didn`t want to be baptized, yet. He
said he had a fear that he was going to drink again. He didn`t want ot
get baptized and then havce it be worse for him if he sings agian. It
was awful to here.

To be continued... i`m out of time. AAAA!ª!!

Love ya all
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...