Deb! I hope you have an awesome birthday! I sent you a letter, but
just a week ago, maybe you`ll get it in time - and maybe i`ll beat it
home, but I love you! and HAPPY 4th of JULY! I was telling Hna Gayol
about how awesome it is Manti and it made me so excited for you all!
Have fun, take lots of pictures, and eat something rico for me!
Looks like pageant was a blast. I don`t know all of my little cousins
anymore, so it`ll be good to get to know them again!. And me nephews
and neice. Hey, i was going through some of my old letters and found
the christmas card from Amber - is she still pregnant? If so, what is
she gonna have and when? Thats so fun that Nat got to listen to her
baby. I am so happy to see our little family growing. Yesterday we
meet this super old couple and got to teach them. They couldn`t really
hear, haha, but they are awesome. And when i asked how many kids they
have they astonished me when she said SIXTEEN!! She had 16 kids, can
you believe it? and I thought 8 was a lot! The more amazing part is
that she did it all on her own, in her house, without any help. She
said she gathered her alcohol, scissors, and sewing supplies, and had
her babies all on her own. amazing. She is now 81, and her husband 88
and they are both in good health. And they have great great
grandchildren. wow!
I have been praying for rain all week for you all, and it hasn`t
rained here at all, so i imagine that its all on its way to Manti ;)
But if it travels slower then the mail it may take a few weeks to get
there.
Mom! Thanks for the update on my friends! and Feleicia looks ---
exactly the same! haha great! I am excited to talk to her too. Which
zone leader found her?? hmmm.. Thats so great! and Lacey is getting
married?! yay! Justo i was talking to na gayol about how I don`t know
if anyone else has gotten married, or whats going on there with all my
friends. And steph gets home next week. Crazy.
Well this week has been good. We haven`t been able to work very much
because i got sick Tuesday, and Hna gayol got sick the rest of the
week. But today we are both feeling much better, and are excited to
work double to make up for last week.
We were able to visit Arturo and Sara and they are absolutely amazing.
I can`t believe how much i love those two. I hope to be able to be
friends forever with them. We asked them how their plans for the
wedding were going and they both just smiled. Arturo explained that
after we had left on Friday and talked about fasting and everything
they decided to fast. They started that night. Didn`t eat anything Sat
in the morning, and about mid morning Sara told Arturo what she felt.
She said that the most important was to keep the commandments of God,
get married, and be baptized. It shouldn`t matter so much all the
material things they had wanted (dress, tux, rings, a band), and that
they should just go to the civil office and get married! It is
absolutely amazing because they always said. "We don`t want anything
big, but we do want a great memory to remember. We would never just
want to sign some papers and ya, we`re married." and now that is
exactly what they are gonna do, all thanks to a fast. Being willing to
humble themselves and do put God`s wants before their own. Arturo
asked if it was always so hard for be able to change, and stop wanting
the material things. They told us now all they had to wait for was for
their documents to go through (its a little tricky because Arturo is
from Peru...) and to find the money it takes to get married. The next
day we went and arturo came running into the room telling us he now
had the money to get married! He said "its amazing how when we decided
to just do it, God is providing the way!" We are still waiting on
their documents, which means they may not get married till July 14,
but they are excited. They watched a President Monson`s talk about the
divine gift of gratitude, and they said it was really special. Arturo
has downloaded the book of mormon to his cell phone, and he just walks
around listening to the book of mormon. They paid their tithing
yesterday. THey are progressing like crazy. I love them.
Well, times up. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your
prayers, letters, and support. I just got a bunch of letters. One from
Jena, two from Neil. And i haven`t seen teh rest. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The church is true, and the gospel changes lives.
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment