Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, July 9, 2012

Emily, 7.9.12



Mom, thanks so much for all the updates and for responding to my
letter. My friends are such amazing women and i love them so much. It
was fun to see the picture and know that they are all doing such
amazing things. Married, sealed, return missionaries, everything.
Lacey, i am SO excited for her, and so glad that i`ll get to be there!
yay! I^m sure Feleicia`s homecoming was amazing. Her farewell was
amazing too. She is a super amazing girl. I am already thinking about
how i am gonna be able to come back in a year when Arturo and Sara are
sealed in the temple. My plans are pray, fast, work, and look for a
rich husband ;) haha But it really is my dream. I feel so eternally
grateful for the opportunity I have had to teach and help arturo and
Sara. THey are amazing. I feel like they are the reason that i came.
When i wanted to go on a mission in Sept I couldn`t, but if i had left
early, i never would have met arturo and Sara. God`s timing is so
perfect. I am so glad too that they are all high tech and we`ll be
able to stay in contact. Thats fine that my homecoming is the 29, i
have no idea what i am gonna say, but pues, i think its better to get
it over with ;) Should be awesome (to see everyone.. my talk... well
we`ll see ;))

Debbie looks happy. I hope she had lots of fun. I thought about her
all week! Looks like the 4th was a blast too. Thats a great action
shot you got mom! We did service with Sara for the 4th. We cleaned a
great big rug, and another one, it was great. I made sure to proudly
wear my red white and blue. Arturo and sara invited us for lunch
after, and we brought cheesecake to share (out of a box, but still
good). Then when we got home at night hna gayol made me some popcorn,
and we put some ranch with it. It was delicious ;) I wished everyone a
happy fourth.

I am so glad you all got some rain!! Prayer and fasting works. And the
timing of God is perfect. That`s great that the garden is producing.
I told hna arminda, our pensionista, that we always eat tons of
zucchini, with EVERYTHING. She said she would like the recipes. She
makes a really good zucchini soup.

This week was one crazy whirlwind of going to the clinic (hna gayol
was still a little sick), baptismal interviews, lots of praying for
arturo`s documents to get here from peru for their wedding, and crazy
preparations. It passed by amazing fast. But they did it! The ward was
amazing and supported them so much. I am so grateful. They got married
on saturday at 6pm, and their baptism was at 7pm. The RS sisters
organized a small reception-/party after, with food, decorations, a
wedding cake, and everything. It is so much more then what arturo and
sara were hoping for. It was a surprise and when sara saw it she just
cried. It was neat. Their confirmation was special too. They were
blessed to be examples for the friends and family and be able to help
everyone come unto Christ. Sara was blessed to be an inspired mom that
will teach her son, arturito, and prepare him to go on a mission. They
are both so happy, and me too. It has been a week full of miracles. I
love the gospel so much. It changes lives, and helps us every single
day if we let it.

Please take care of yourselves this week. Enjoy summer. I love you
all. The church is true! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Hermana Olsen

 





No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...