Hello!
Another great week here! Also an interesting week. We ended up
meeting with a lot more less actives this week then we have other
weeks. It is surprising how many less actives there are in each ward.
It is so sad! These brothers and sisters who had the truth, they knew
what it tastes like, but they have wondered alway from it. They have
forgotten the joy. This morning I was reading in Alma 9. Alma and
Amulek are starting to preach to the people of Ammonihah and it is an
interesting lesson that Alma is trying to teach them. He asks again
and again "how have ye forgotten?" He also asks "do ye not remember?"
He is trying so hard to help these people remember the truth that they
once knew. I am looking forward to striving to understand how Alma and
Amulek were able to help. Though to put it simply the most powerful
thing we can do is testify. Testify of Gods Love, Jesus Christ. We can
testify of Christ's ability and power to change us. It is the most
amazing miracle and the most amazing gift. The gift of change,
progress, improvement, growth. This is the gift that Christ offers us.
Elder Grigg and I were having a really good conversation about this
last night. We talked about how God's plan is a plan of eternal
growth. Satan's plan is one of damnation. A dam that stops our growth.
Stops our progress. It makes it impossible to change. Such a contrast.
Here Alma talks about it in a wonderful way in Alma 9:28
"Therefore, prepare ye the way of the Lord, for the time is at hand
that all men shall reap a reward of their works, according to that
which they have been--if they have been righteous they shall reap the
salvation of their souls, according to the power and deliverance of
Jesus Christ; and if they have been evil they shall reap the damnation
of their souls, according to the power and captivation of the devil."
It is up to us to decide if we will work works that bring us
deliverance, or if they are works that will bring us captivation. We
chose what power we want and who's power we want. It is all up to us.
Put simply that is what we came here to choose between. God has such a
perfect and wonderful plan that I am so grateful to be able to share
everyday.
Sending my love, from sunny hot Florida! I love it!
Elder Dane Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment