Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, September 14, 2015

9.14.15

Hello y'all! 
Life is great down here in Florida, and I just have to say it because it made me super happy. This morning we went for a run, and for the first time in a long time it was colder outside the apartment then it was inside! I was very happy about that. Maybe one day it will cool down some.
I am very sorry about the pathetically short letter last week. I am trying to do better. 
We had zone conference this last week and it was great. An interesting thing that we talked about a little bit is that in meetings as a whole it isn't to often at all that we get some brand new, fresh out of the package, doctrine. That's just the thing. Christ's gospel is very simple. He asks us to do certain things and promises us immense blessings. The reason we have meetings so often is because it is our chance to be reminded of our potential. As children of God we all have great potential. We have great opportunities, and we have great things to give to the world. The problem is that we so often forget. We forget all that we are. We forget that we are children of God, the all powerful being. He who can do all things. He is our dad. How cool is that!? It is incredible. That is what it is. So me and my companion here are just seeking to be the missionaries that our Father would have us be. I am so very grateful for this chance of improvement. On this subject I was seeing what the dictionary had to say about Grace. It says that Grace's root is 'pleasing, thankful' related to grateful. Isn't that interesting. The very word Grace helps us to think of how very grateful we are for Christ, for that matter, that is what it means. We are grateful for His enabling power. 

Elder Olsen 

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...