Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, September 17, 2025

9.16.25

 

And I'm proud to be an American ✊️



HELLLOOO TODOS


You're not gonna believe.

I am back in the motherland πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ¦…πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ¦…πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²


I love it here, t'was a little sad to leave Mexico y la CCM because it truly was so pretty there and a lot of fun. But I made it to the great state of Washington 🍎🍏🍎


Anyway, I was not able to get an email out last week because of my travel day, but here's a quick recap of my last few days in the maze.


Starting off we finished up our classes. RIP. But low key so good. We took our espaΓ±ol test, and your girl let's just say killed it. Jk i did horrible but no biggie I'll get em next time. 


Anyway had our last Sunday and it was so good. It was in fact fast Sunday, and to say the least, I was fighting for my life because let me tell you here at the CCM they make you well aware your fasting (meaning they don't feed us for 24 hours). I did break my fast with a chicken bake and an ice cream bar. So incredibly yummo. I will not lie, though it was not the ideal thing to eat at 24 hours. After our last Sunday devo we had a district review. And we went around the circle and had everyone give a compliment to each person. It was so fun to reflect on the kind of people I got to be surrounded by, truly all incredible disciples of Christ. I was reflecting on how alone I felt at the CCM in the beginning, and it felt like NOBODY knew me. Which was true. Lol. But it was hard. But as each person said something, I realized how loved you can be even by a random group of people. Once you spend time with someone, it becomes so much easier to notice who they are and what kind of person they are. When we choose to recognize the gifts we've each been given, Goodnight love comes so easy. 


Anyway the rest of the week was prep, Monday I rolled my ankle and it did swell the size to be double it's normal, but hey not biggie shoved it in a bucket of ice, called it good. Low key still not right but of well. 


Anyway packed a lot and said goodbye to my distinct Tuesday night. I asked for a blessing from one of the elders just as a go get em and a comfort as I left to the field. And the elder who gave me this blessing I believe was his first time or one of his first. He seemed pretty nervous, but then he began, and the spirit was there instantly. Some of the words work spoken through nerves but here's the thing, this was one of the times I have truly felt God's love for me and the incredible gift it is to have the priesthood back on the earth. Because God knows us and he wants nothing more than for us to know and completely understand the magnitude of that love. So here's your friendly reminder to ask for a priesthood blessing from some one with proper authority if you ever have the thought, don't be afraid to ask because it is such an easy way to find comfort.  


Wednesday, I got up at 2:00 AM to get on the bus to start my travel day to WASHINGTONNN. It took about 16 hours of travel, but here's the thing. I couldn't care less because I finally made it. Got to meet the mission pres and his wife had the most incredible meal after cafeteria food for over a month. And then crashed harder than ever at our hotel room for the night. 

Next morning got up and went to the transfer site to meet my trainerrrrrr

New comp alert. My trainer is Hermana Gallion she's a sweetheart and is so patient with me. I am truly so blessed. 


My first few days were a blur but truly so good. We talked to a few people, met a few new ones and had some lessons. This also included getting to pick flowers from a member's garden and take them to some of our inactive members. We also got to make a bouquet ourselves, and then we were also given dinner for the road. SO KIND. 


I am in an English area fighting for my life to find Spanish people. So I fear my Spanish isn't getting much practice…. But it's OK I'm trusting I'm still learning something 


I've loved it so far and am feeling so grateful for my opportunity to be out here. 

My first Sunday on the mish was great. After church we went about our normal daily contacting and went knocking. We found two good houses that looked like potential Spanish-speaking homes. And let me tell you they…. We're not, some very white males who had a lot to say about religion. To say the least, it was a crazy bash we tried to get out of it and leave and leave it on a good note but I fear… I was afraid and my companion carried. 

Anyway low key crazy for the Sabbath day but no problema. 


OK that's about all I have time for, but as little thought, I am learning that God will deliver us according to our faith. In the Bible, countless times, people are healed or made clean according to their faith. And that God will never leave us comfortless, that is why he sent his son and the Holy Ghost. D&C 8:3 says how “ Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground” i am so baffled by the idea that the spirit that led the children of Israel through the red sea and the entire desert and from Egypt, GUIDES US IN OUR LIVES. I am learning how I hear the spirit and how to better follow it. It's hard, but the gospel was never meant to be easy. 


I could yapping forever, but I miss and love you all lots, God does too 


♡/Hermana Olsen 






No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew πŸ—£☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...