Final P-day at the CCM ✊️ππ’π♀️π€Έ♀️π©·
Truly so crazy, I only have less than a week left here. As my sister put it, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. On another wild note, I've been a missionary for over a month, and I'm truly loving it. I am starting to forget what real food tastes like and what real life looks like. No grande though π€·♀️
Also, I think I could redo the MTC and actually learn what I'm supposed to, but…. whatever, I’ll figure it out in the field
This week was one for the books, I'd say
Jumping into it ⤵️
Thuradayyy, was my one month from starting my mission so crazy. Pero I fear I felt every minute if that day pass. We started having both our classes In espaΓ±ol so picture fighting for my life for 6 hours of Spanish class a day. No Biggie, though Hermana Perez, my past doctrine teacher, now my second Spanish teacher, is my absolute queen and helps me through anything I am confused about.
I don't remember a thing from Friday but live laugh love
Saturday was good, we started the day by helping others. We were once again supposed to have a native to teach but they didn't have enough, so I needed to call someone to teach. I texted almost all the members in my family who knew Spanish, no one answered to decided to call Simeon. He answered and proceeded to chastise me for calling outside of p-day after I promptly explained I needed to teach him a lesson. He was with some of my good friends (Zach, James, and Brendan) who mostly speak Spanish as well. So we taught them el evangelio de Jesucristo and it went swimmingly, quite frankly. I actually am fighting for my life every 2 seconds, but it's ok, they were gracious and it was fun to see them all. The rest of Saturday was a blur; I did, in fact, have a crash out in the middle of our evening class that night. After our break in the middle of class, I was fighting tears when we walked back into class and me and my comp were a little early
Sundays are a gift from God, let me tell ya. But to start off, I had a personal study, side note, personal is one of my favorite parts of the day. But on this morning I was reading in Mosiah. And let me tell ya who knew how interesting those stories are. I was reading and literally lost track of time. I even started skipping down the page to see what would happen next. To sum it up i was invested and loved it.
Next for sunday we headed to church, and of course as I've mentioned it feels like a hunger games reaping when they read off right after the sacrament who will be speaking. Truly the room is silent as we wait, unfortunately I heard the dos palabras I was dreading “Hermana Olsen”. The sad thing is I think speaking in church is fun and exciting most of the time, but this had me shaking and wanting to throw up. I then frantically read over my google translated talk (no i still don't know how to speak spanish) but I got up there and talking about a talk given by Elder Hirst titled “Gods Favorite” I'm just hoping Someone understood something of me fighting for my life up there. Other than that church was great.
During lunch was one of the craziest times ive seen the cafeteria (see google photos for evidence⤵️) and we wited in line for some suspicious chicken and rice and so I decided to get my semi annual daily salad. And while waiting in line me and my comp started to chat with these cute girls next to us. We proceed to asked the the “get to know you questions” they asked me where I was serving. I said Washington and they intently pushed and quickly asked what mission, I said Yakima and they lost it. That's when I realized I was not the only Hermana headed to Washington Yakima mission. We proceeded to freak out and hug each other I literally had tears brimming in my eyes. They are comps and such cute girls. We leave on the same day but they just had a different schedule then me, already love them so much. It was just a testament that God is aware of me and has realized how alone I felt. Grateful for Him and grateful for long cafeteria lines.
We then had our devotional that night, it was given by Elder Bednar, obviously a recording from when he was a lot younger but still mega fuego. He talked about the character of Christ, and testimony and conversion. He began with how the natural man is an enemy to God and will always be unless they yield to the enticing of the spirit. He continued with the natural man will turn in and how Christ ALWAYS turned out. No matter what. Some Favorite ideas he brought up was “you can not live off of borrowed light” he then connected conversation to Christ's character, “ the greatest convert on your mission should be you. BUT that won't happen if that's what your worried about.” applies outside of a mission as well. If all we are worried about is me me me God can not work with you. Your conversation has to be directed to other people and God. Christ whole mission was not about given the world an example of what perfect was. He lived a sinless life BECAUSE he wanted to save us. He always turned out word. He us letting us act in his place here. That us out purpose as members it snot our salvation it's others.
Always no idea if that made any sense but hope you enjoyed my scrambled thoughts.
The rest of the week was good. My daily activity is climbing out of the trenches but no biggie. I do love it here and thinking about leaving is bittersweet to be frank.
But on the up side I’ll be on YAKIMA next time you hear from me.
I love you all, God does more
♡/Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment